X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 August 2008 - 08:42 AM

QUOTE(djdafreund @ Aug 27 2008, 07:13 AM) View Post

Hey Sharpe, I got a HQ (2000x1600) resolution theater curtains which actually happens to be pretty close to what we got now, so i can start on replacing those things to help transition over to higher quality. I know we are trying to keep memory not too high, but since it's only 1 or 2 picture's we will be changing, i wouldn't think that should impact things that much. Lemme know though what you think on that note. It looks beautiful, and pretty close already to looking like the one you are using, but just upping the resolution, like the other popular skins are doing lately. smile.gif

Edit- The filesize is actually only 651kb (2048x1536), compared to 161kb of current curtain (800x400). And of course that includes me redoing the side curtains opening and curtain related. I don't mind.

That sounds great, go for it! - I'd try to go for keeping the resolution down to 1280x720 though - otherwise I think the xbox really will struggle. Would you drop me an email and let me see them mate? - to be honest I pretty much switch the curtains off myself and using various backdrops these days but still it would be nice to update the old look.

QUOTE(hubemx @ Aug 27 2008, 03:50 AM) View Post

THANK YOU!! it looks awesome in my tv.
THX again.

I hope im not asking to much.
Could you tell me what can i modify to do the same in tv shows?
thx.

You're welcome.

Are you meaning you'd like to use TV show posters within DVD cases instead of wide banners for the TV shows? If so that's not something currently available in the skin - I could make it an option I suppose....hmmn - let me get back to you.

#452 djdafreund

djdafreund

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 27 August 2008 - 09:57 AM

Ok, cool. I can use 720 resolution, that will still make things look a lot better then now. Hey, were did you get all the backdrops? I downloaded about 3 gigs from somewhere (can't remember now) but lost them with a system restore unfortunately.

Update- I did grab about 300-400 images since then i found on some good spots, but wondered which ones you use. I always use the fanart views in the individual modes myself, but for the main screen, it would be cool to have a fair amount to flip through for the sections.
I got a bunch of movies, some tv shows, and some weather ones. I don't get games because i only have 2 and a number of emu's i use once in a while.

Edited by djdafreund, 27 August 2008 - 10:14 AM.

#453 Sharpe

Sharpe

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 09:11 PM

Yeah, like you, I use a load of movie, TV and music fanart images and then just various backgrounds I like for the other home screen options and the menu wallpaper. I'm running it on a mac mini these days and it seems to work well.

@ hubemx - I've added a skin settings toggle that lets you use posters for TV shows instead of banners if you prefer. The default setting is to use banners.

#454 hubemx

hubemx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 07:21 AM

QUOTE(Sharpe @ Aug 27 2008, 09:18 AM) View Post

Are you meaning you'd like to use TV show posters within DVD cases instead of wide banners for the TV shows? If so that's not something currently available in the skin - I could make it an option I suppose....hmmn - let me get back to you.

I hope you can do it.
Thanks.

#455 Sharpe

Sharpe

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 07:40 AM

QUOTE(hubemx @ Aug 28 2008, 07:57 AM) View Post

I hope you can do it.
Thanks.

I have done it - go into settings then skin options - browse down to view options and click "TV Show Banner / Poster toggle" <---that will swap between using Banners and Posters in the library TV Fanart view.

#456 TheEvilOne

TheEvilOne

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 06:32 PM

Wow....I hope some updates are coming soon? The media skin is the top one out right now.

#457 djdafreund

djdafreund

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 07:50 AM

Got another function to add Sharpe. An overlayed alphabet letter that displays as your going through the media list, like in PM3. As your scrolling through the long list, it shows the letter of what order you are in as your scrolling.

Like when your on "GoodFella's" and the next movie title is "Hellboy" as also the 1st title of H's, it displays an "H" in the center of the screen so you know which letter of the list your in when scrolling fast.

#458 Sharpe

Sharpe

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 08:51 PM

QUOTE(djdafreund @ Sep 15 2008, 08:26 AM) View Post

Got another function to add Sharpe. An overlayed alphabet letter that displays as your going through the media list, like in PM3. As your scrolling through the long list, it shows the letter of what order you are in as your scrolling.

Like when your on "GoodFella's" and the next movie title is "Hellboy" as also the 1st title of H's, it displays an "H" in the center of the screen so you know which letter of the list your in when scrolling fast.

Hi mate - that sounds like a good idea - I've just added it. It shows the letter in the lower left corner when scrolling fast. I've also improved the fanart transitions from image to image.

How's your curtains coming along?

#459 djdafreund

djdafreund

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 09:13 PM

I might have to pm you an image. It's not looking quite as good as i was hoping actually. The resolution is there, but the detail isn't quite as good as a was hoping, still better then now. I dunno. I may have to end up searching for yet another. I'll see what you think 1st.

#460 competes2win

competes2win

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 18 September 2008 - 05:06 AM

Wow, it's been a while... this skin has come a long ways since the last time I've checked this thread. Good work to all involved.

#461 djdafreund

djdafreund

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 07:48 AM

Shame on you!! Were have you been? I haven't seen much of you for a while. Hope things are going good with you. Nice to hear from ya again.

@Sharpe,
Ok, found a bunch more, but really there is 1 that i think will work out perfectly, and also the seats image i am going to redo. I want to give it more a classy, proffessional look to it. A little more like your in a theater. Not a huge change or anything, just a little more nicer of a theater look, and of course definitely higher quality since we need to move our skin to the next level. I noticed the video progress marker is still missing. I was thinking you said you fixed that by noticing an image wasn't right or something like that. Actually though, in the media graphics, it looks like it's also the same color red, which would definitely be hard to see, but even then i would think when your scanning forward you would still see SOMETHING, even if a little line. I am going to mess with that and see what i can come up with. I finally have some more free time to do some changes now. Work has been really crazy for a while now, which is good but yet bad. So i will be working some more now.
1- Countdown, will brush up on and make higher quality ( of course both 4x3 and 16x9)
2- Make the HQ curtains (Main, sliding dual's, left side favorite's.)
3- Better looking chairs HQ, and more rows giving the illusion of depth.
4- I will try to see if i can make the 'Now SHowing' graphic border if depending on how it looks.
5- I'll look at a lot of the graphics and see what i can vamp up a bit.

The fan art views you have been tweaking alot looks really terrible, wow. I am completely kidding of course. Gotcha!!! Seriously, i am liking the differences i am noticing in speed on the xbox version. No problem of course on my pc version. I don't know what you did the past day or so, but the other day i was noticing for a short while too, that it was showing blank covers here and there with memory at like 0-3, but trying it today, it seems like it really doesn't drop much below 7 megs that i've seen so far. So this is nice!!! Pretty much stays between 7-16megs. I was about to see if we could drop just 2 or something covers to help this out (which i definitely didn't want to have to resort to asking, since i LOVE having 9 COVERS shown.) That looks so beautiful having the whole bottom showing movie covers, and makes finding movies so much easier when scrolling through a big list. And the speed of showing the fan art while looking is actually getting pretty decent.

I wondered what you thought about changing the red stars to maybe yellow or just something a little more visual to see in the info board above and to the right? Kind of a bit on the dim side currently.Maybe same with the other words "Director, Year, Rating" It sort of clashes just a little with a black background, and darker colored words.
The images i am talking about with vamping up, (Curtains,chairs,etc.) aren't really much bigger in file size then right now. I think the curtains is like 700+-kb but the resolution is 1033x768, so the quality is much better, but not really much bigger filesize wise. I know, I AM keeping that in mind since we're still using the xbox's. I need your e-mail again if you can drop me a message. Had to redo my whole system because of a major overhaul. Now everything i throw at it runs lightning fast, even Crysis runs beautiful, and that's a MAJOR challenge to all.
I'll save your e-mail this time. Sorry smile.gif

Talk to ya soon!!!

#462 Sharpe

Sharpe

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 06:34 PM

Hey competes2win - good to see you mate - thanks for the encouragement!

djdafreund - that all sounds really excellent, I'm completely down with all those ideas. I'll send you an email and we can compare stuff.

As for the skin's movie fanart view working better on the xbox now - yeah good, I'm glad it's performing better. I've been using "platform xbox" visibility conditions to try and make it work better on the xbox compared to other platforms and "not visible when scrolling" conditions to speed up the searching thing. Like I said I've been using the skin on a mac mini for a while now and, obviously, what works fine on that doesn't always work fine on the xbox - so it takes a while to get a decent compromise in place.

#463 djdafreund

djdafreund

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 10:59 PM

Hey Sharpe,
Could we add another view (or just modify case wrap2, since it's mostly the same as Plot List view anyway.) for movies that will basically be just like 'DVD Case Wrap', but with a little smaller DVD covers, and then add 1 more on each side, making it show 7 instead of 5? I was just getting the idea from the FanArt view, and how good it looks with a bunch on the bottom, but only for this view you would just have 7, and no FanArt showing, and still in the center like DVD Case Wrap view is now. And make the DVD in the center a little bigger then the rest (IE- More then currently, since it will be a little smaller when doing this, it still stands out a little more then DVD Case Wrap view does.

I will be doing some work on this tonight (graphics we talked about, then i will e-mail you them when i am finished with them.) smile.gif

Here's a few mockups to get an idea. The lower part can either be blank, or an info banner. If an info banner is used, it would be nice to be able to have at least plot, MPAA rating, and length of time. That way it's easier to scroll through the list and see that without going into the movie info just to see, for when kids come over. Easy glance.

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

I did a mockup of no banner at bottom (same as DVD cover), one with a banner and basic plot info, one with Plot/MPAA rating/Runtime/Year, and with all but spaced differently and with no banner background.

#464 Sharpe

Sharpe

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 10:08 PM

Yep that's a great idea fella - I really like second mockup best so I've gone ahead with that one for now.

IPB Image

I've actually altered the DVD Case Wrap 1 view (the 5 cases) as I think the second wrap view is more distinctive being left as 3 cases. Oh well see what you think.

Oh and superb work with your replacement curtain graphics they look very good.

#465 djdafreund

djdafreund

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 12:57 AM

Yeah, that looks nice buddy!!! Would you prefer the 1st line to be there, or at the bottom since it will mostly be longer in text then the others, and more will appear in the black then instead of partially in the reflection of the center, and also it would be more properly laid out.

I still have some more images that i am about to try uploading again. I started get forced drops from the skin's SVN last night after the 1st 4 images i uploaded. Hopefully it lets me now, now that it's been a good 12 hours or somewhere around then. The weather background will need some code position changed since i made more canvas to allow me to have the top part open. I'll start tweaking them more now that i finished them. Until they 'look just right smile.gif'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users