• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 afxzanac

afxzanac

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 05:13 AM

My question is, can i extract the key from my Samsung MS28 firmware backup, which was the ONLY successful part of the mod, and put it in ANY drive or does it have to be in another MS28 drive? I would like to get a Hitachi drive if possible, as they are windows flashable. I've seen them all over ebay, and need to know if they're compatible with what I have. My next question is, is there a better place than ebay to get one? Is there a supplier for the forums that I could email my orig.bin to and have a pre-flashed drive shipped to me in a few days? I am willing to pay a few bucks to have this headache gone and my gears of war working again. I would even settle for someone to just put my orig.bin on a drive and not even any new/hacked firmware. I'm tired of this mess.

Thanks!!
afxzanac

PS Srry for the double post!

Edited by afxzanac, 22 April 2007 - 05:19 AM.

#2 ando2k5

ando2k5

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 April 2007 - 08:07 AM

well a hitachi can be tricked into showing as a ms28 you need to use firmware toolbox on the orig.bin and change the orig.bin to show as a hitachi and not a ms28 very simple

#3 KarlosB

KarlosB

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, Football, Pc Gaming, Fishing, Cars, Ladies...ect, ect.
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 22 April 2007 - 11:47 AM

what exacly happened to your ms28?, sometimes there easily fixed.

#4 sosotiit

sosotiit

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,034 posts
  • Interests:Techno gadgets and espresso coffee
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 22 April 2007 - 12:57 PM

yes, FW toolbox 3.0 will extract the key from a fw to be used in a another hitachi or samsung.

Tutorial install a new drive in Faq, Links & Important Threads , Hitachi as a replacement is more difficult IMHO.

you can find people to buy/flash your drive in Xbox360 BST , this forum is not the place to conduct business (only the shopping forums)

good luck,
rgds, soso

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users