• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sicknasty413

sicknasty413

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,590 posts
  • Interests:Modding... video games... eating... sleeping... computers... and those things we call women.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 April 2007 - 06:34 AM

So, I was wondering, how does the Star Rating work in GH2?

I've been playing GH2 every once in a while since launch, and I've found it very odd that you can land 5 stars with 95% on some songs, while landing 4 stars with 97% on others.

What justifies a 3/4/5 Star performance?

I was theorizing that it had to do with the lowest percentage you got WITHIN the song..like say you got 100%s down the list, but got like an 85% on the chorus or bridge or guitar solo C...

Possibly that lowest percentage justifies your star rating? Perhaps from A% to B% = 5 stars; C% to D% = 4 stars; E% to F% = 3.

But possibly it gets more intense then that; adding multiple factors such as all percentages under a certain percentage..what difficulty..etc...who knows. I don't..

My friend just got 5 stars on Dead on Medium..he got 89% on a certain part within the song...yet, 5 stars. So, now I'm just ridiculously confused.

hahahahha

#2 gcskate27

gcskate27

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,585 posts
  • Interests:video games, prgramming, comps, skateboarding, cooking, taking care of my lizards and dachshund
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 April 2007 - 02:49 PM

its based on your avg multiplier... if you have an avg multiplier of 2.8x or more, you get five stars...

#3 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 22 April 2007 - 03:54 PM

true... though it's easier to think about if you consider it 2.8 * the base score. where the base score is the number of points you would earn if you Full Comboed without any multipliers. Meaning that each song has a distinct score cutoff point where if you earn more it's 5 stars and less it's 4

it's all explained here:
http://www.scorehero...topic.php?t=378

#4 sicknasty413

sicknasty413

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,590 posts
  • Interests:Modding... video games... eating... sleeping... computers... and those things we call women.
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 April 2007 - 04:21 AM

Thank you very much fellas.

#5 Reaper527

Reaper527

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,498 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 24 April 2007 - 04:56 PM

http://www.scorehero...a...me=3&diff=4

here is the version of the 5 star chart i personally find the most useful. its basically a "get X points for song y to get a Z star rating" type of setup. it seems pretty accurate from what i've been able to gather.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users