• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 llGaToRll

llGaToRll

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 01:25 AM

I have installed a xenium gold on a friends box using a universal solderless adapter. The red LED comes on when the box is powered but the system boots the MS dash and errors out. In my experience, I should be booting to the Xenium OS at this point. The chip came with a small 2 wire adapter, which I assume is for the d0 when doing a pin install but I am not sure. Also, in my experience, if the red LED comes on, the d0 is good. Anyways, the solderless seems solid, the d0 tight and the chip is lit and powered but I get no OS. Any help is much appreciated.

llGaToRll

#2 blame canada

blame canada

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,356 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 April 2007 - 01:29 AM

The pins aren't ligned up right. Keep trying to seat the pins in the holes untill it boots correctly.

Edited by blame canada, 24 April 2007 - 01:30 AM.

#3 CJLee89

CJLee89

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 24 April 2007 - 01:47 AM

the 2-wire harness is an alternate d0 and extra 3.3V for the v1.5.

check connections and use the gold rivets where possible. these ensure a better connection.

what version is this xbox?
whats the error number?
does the xbox boot without the chip?

Edited by CJLee89, 24 April 2007 - 01:50 AM.

#4 llGaToRll

llGaToRll

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 03:35 AM

box boots both with and without the chip if the stock HDD is installed. Otherwise I get error 16 or 7 depending on the configuration of drives, etc. Tried using the cable d0 instead of the arced wire on the solderless adapter and the system FRAGs 3 times. I am beginning to think the d0 is the issue. it's a 1.2 box.

#5 cisco7200

cisco7200

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 April 2007 - 02:12 PM

I have installed this chip and it's predecessor. It has taken me 20-30 minutes to get all the pins lined up just right. Keep trying is may take a while to get all the pins lined up and touching just right. Also make sure each leg of the adapter is clicked into place. You will fell a small click when they are push gently into place.

Keep trying. It will work.

#6 CJLee89

CJLee89

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 25 April 2007 - 01:34 AM

i wouldnt use that wire harness either. this will require soldering and a chance messing the board up. stick with the one on already on the adaptor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users