sorienor

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 May 2003 - 05:25 AM

I was reading through all the tutorials on flashing tsop w/a matrix and I have 3 dumb questions.

1. The 2 tutorials are slightly different. One says you need to solder the jumper on the bottom, the other one does not. If I was to try and flash tsop w/a matrix do I need to solder the jumper on the bottom of the motherboard?

2. Do you need to keep the W1-W2 connection after removing the matrix ?

3. Tut's say you can flash tsop on all versions of xbox (1.0, 1.1, 1.2) but several posts say you can't. Which is right?

Edited by sorienor, 30 May 2003 - 05:46 AM.

#2 PsiDOC

PsiDOC

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 376 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 30 May 2003 - 07:45 AM

1: The Tutorial that puts the wire links on top of the board is just an alternative way of soldering the bottom jumper link. Personally I suggest popping the board out and soldering the bottom.

2: If you want to reflash your bios at any time later then yes, you will need the links left in place to write enable the flash chip

3: The Matrix method does NOT work on the 1.1 and 1.2 Xboxes. If you try it you will not get the correct flash ID reported from the box, and The ExoX Bios flash programme will not let you continue. There are other methods of doing the 1.1 / 1.2 though wink.gif
Regards,
Psi

Edited by PsiDOC, 30 May 2003 - 10:57 AM.

#3 WisdomWolf

WisdomWolf

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 30 May 2003 - 07:27 PM

why would you name your post as dumb questions? I would think that that is the worst way to go about geting help, but that's just my opinion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users