Boiker

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 25 April 2007 - 05:09 PM

About a month ago I received an email saying that my Xbox Live Gold membership would be automatically be renewed on the 23rd of April so I thought, fine I need a new one. It turns out that I used my old card which has now expired to purchase it last year and I now have a new card on the same account that I did not register with Xbox Live.

So then on the 23rd I got another email saying they had renewed my Xbox Live membership, I checked my account balance and they haven't removed any money, nor is any money due to be removed either. If I go to account management on my 360 it says that my next payment date is April 2008 so it seems I have just got another year for free blink.gif

Now I'm in the dilemma of whether I should use the service as I haven't paid for it, as it could technically be seen as theft. What do you guys reckon?

#2 wagsjr

wagsjr

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 05:21 PM

Do the right thing man.

#3 Boiker

Boiker

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 05:27 PM

The right thing...?

#4 griffin XXI

griffin XXI

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 25 April 2007 - 06:26 PM

QUOTE(Boiker @ Apr 25 2007, 11:34 AM) View Post

The right thing...?

As in report it to Microsoft, so they can fix the error and obtain actual payment from you. That way you don't cheat them and you don't cheat us, and you can fall asleep at night with a warm fuzzy feeling.

#5 Super-Mari0

Super-Mari0

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 April 2007 - 07:04 PM

there was no auth. on the card? usually in the amount of 1 dollar. I would say awesome, but everyone else here will say pay up, you probably should since eventually it will catch up with you. They have records and eventually it will come out that you owe them.

#6 XBoX-ThIZZ

XBoX-ThIZZ

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 08:02 PM

You want him to do the right thing and MS cheats us all the time by charging us for extra content.. You guys must be nice lol.. But yea i guess do the right thing

#7 Reaper527

Reaper527

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,495 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Football (US), Pro Wrestling, Anime
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 25 April 2007 - 08:16 PM

if you where billed april 23rd, its possible that it just hasn't processed yet. give it a week. i'm sure the charge will magically appear. i know on my cards there is a 2-3 day delay sometimes while it goes through the approval process.

#8 Boiker

Boiker

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 09:56 PM

QUOTE(Reaper527 @ Apr 25 2007, 08:23 PM) View Post

if you where billed april 23rd, its possible that it just hasn't processed yet. give it a week. i'm sure the charge will magically appear. i know on my cards there is a 2-3 day delay sometimes while it goes through the approval process.

I suppose that could be true. But on my online banking site there is an account balance and an available balance. Usually if I say put 15 of petrol in my car and use the card to pay, the available balance will be deducted of 15 while the account balance stays at the previous value until the payment has processed. In this case though the available balance hasn't been deducted 39.99. Maybe it will eventually, we will see.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users