solid7x2

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 April 2007 - 06:36 PM

I broke my foot and have to play guirar hero sitting down.
I find it very dificult to "Rock out" for Star Power.
I also find it very difficult to hit the back button in its current location for Star Power.

I was thinking about opening up the guitar, splicing into the back button wire, and moving the button to an easier location.

Has anyone ever done this or thought of it?

#2 Tripme

Tripme

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 454 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 April 2007 - 07:13 PM

You only have to tilt the guitar up a little bit to activate star power. I had no idea how to even do star power until someone showed me all I had to do was tilt the guitar.

#3 gcskate27

gcskate27

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,585 posts
  • Interests:video games, prgramming, comps, skateboarding, cooking, taking care of my lizards and dachshund
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 27 April 2007 - 12:16 AM

still, even that movement is enough to f' up your combo... a button behind the neck of the guitar would be a good location, though it does take a bit of the spirit of the game away... wink.gif

#4 JaredC01

JaredC01

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 27 April 2007 - 01:23 AM

I thought about it as well... it would be easier to put the button close to your right hand instead of the neck though imo, as your left hand is already quite busy with the 5 buttons there, and your right hand is doing nothing but strumming. I thought about a switch in an easy location for my pinky finger to reach.

#5 47_M450N_47

47_M450N_47

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts
  • Interests:Xbox modding, anything with computers and networking. Gaming. Shooting stuff, blowing up stuff.
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 04 May 2007 - 06:04 AM

I had thought about doing something like that too, I wouldn't think it would be too hard. I'm planning on painting some of my guitar just for the fun of it, so I'll probably take it apart to do that. No guarantee on when I'll start on it or anything though, but I'll try to take some pictures.

#6 Knasen

Knasen

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 01:24 PM

I have been thinking about this too, but not moving it, just to add another button somewhere more easily reached. I guess it should work to just solder on two wires with a switch in the end to the existing back button (or tilt sensor), havent tried it yet but seriously thinkinh about it.

I cant really decide where to place the new button though, either somewhere close to the strum bar or on the neck but not where the fret buttons are but more on the side, so perhaps I could activate it with the thumb.

I know its not that hard to activate it with tilting the guitar, but like 33% of the time I do activate SP my fingers slip on the fret buttons and I loose my points combo sad.gif

#7 BoNg420

BoNg420

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,809 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 08 May 2007 - 05:12 AM

moving the start button would be a good idea also, for those in the middle of the song pisses

Edited by BoNg420, 08 May 2007 - 09:08 PM.

#8 solid7x2

solid7x2

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 07:42 PM

The problem is; and seems to effect me more while sitting, that im holding the damned guitar vertical and the start power doesnt activate. Then I get angry and start cursing and screaming, and start missing notes. Then of course as soon as my multiplier is back to 1x, the star power activates; making me curse and scream more and wanting to smash the guitar.

I will post pics if i decide to do this.

Also I dont need to move the start button for those pisses, I just use a bedpan. smile.gif

Edited by solid7x2, 14 May 2007 - 07:43 PM.

#9 No_Remorse_666

No_Remorse_666

The Mad Head Modder

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 14 May 2007 - 11:53 PM

lol I have been thinking of something like this for a long time too. I was thinking of doing some type of foot pedal that could be unplugged when not in use. A mono headphone m/f jack would prob work well. Oh well Im still brain storming the idea, maybe once i get my hands on a second guitar ill give it a try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users