24 replies to this topic

#1 fezzman

fezzman

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 10:36 AM

Okay, these guys are starting to piss me off. Has anybody here done anything effective to get rid of them? uhh.gif

I'd like to steer clear of the spike traps simply because I don't want the squirrels in the yard to get stuck in them. Any other methods that work?

Thanks

#2 Wong Hung Lo

Wong Hung Lo

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts
  • Interests:Modding my Sampo DVD players,Tivo, ReplayTV and my Xbox.<br /><br />Being a soldering elitists :)
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 30 May 2003 - 12:07 PM

First you should put the poison on your lawn in early spring that kills the grubs before they turn into Junebugs. The moles eat the grubs.

Second buy the traps that have the 2 loops that you put down in the tunnel. When a mole passes through the the loops and pushes the ground up it sets off the trap. The loops snap upward and crush's him to the top of the tunnel. So it's sorta like a underground trap. It wont hurt your squirrels unles they are running in the underground tunnels. I looked around online real quick but couldn't find that style of trap. My friend just bought some. They are around $25.

Also some old fart told me years ago that you can put Juicy Fruit gum down in the holes. He said that the moles like to eat it and it will plug up their intestines and kill them.

If you live in Washington state. You better check out the stupid liberal law they have about mole traps.

http://www.wa.gov/ag...ion_2002_3.html

#3 survivorejam

survivorejam

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 12:21 PM

moles ... aye ?
Well I think the best way is to do a systematic search : possibly starting sector by sectore.

I recomend an interview-type setup with a liedetector test as well. Encourage the members of your organisation to report any suspisiouse activities.

Once you have narowed your search down to a smaller number of suspects you can then play these members off against each other.
ex : tell one that another has ratted them out and unless they clarify "it's all over". Or you could simply turture their freinds until the real moles come forward (continouse reruns of bradybunch ?)

In the end : keep a healthy "can-do" attitude and you will eventualy get ride of your moles. (they'll make a mistake one day) ph34r.gif

#4 survivorejam

survivorejam

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 12:59 PM

what ? wrong moles ?

Oh ! well you need to go to the doctor and have him examine all your moles (to be sure they are not cancer).
But most of the time moles are harmless ... unless you have one on the end of your nose or in a place that causes you to be ridiculed to death (like Wong). in THAT case you should think about surgery or something . wink.gif

In the end : keep a healthy "can-do" attitude and you will eventualy get ride of your moles. (they'll make a mistake one day) ph34r.gif

#5 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Music, Computers, Video Games
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 May 2003 - 01:52 PM

Grab a hammer biggrin.gif

#6 bong888

bong888

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts
  • Interests:I travel alot and am interested in a good time &lt;br&gt; - what i realy find interesting is the mind

Posted 30 May 2003 - 02:17 PM

Get a nice Dog
It sort those moles out no problem

#7 fezzman

fezzman

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 02:48 PM

Also some old fart told me years ago that you can put Juicy Fruit gum down in the holes. He said that the moles like to eat it and it will plug up their intestines and kill them.

I've actually heard of the juicy fruit thing before...sounds silly but makes sense. Being that I live in Florida, the sandy soil causes the tunnels to collapse easily. I didn't know if I were to stick gum in a hole and it collapses if the mole will rebuild the same tunnel or make a new one.

First you should put the poison on your lawn in early spring that kills the grubs before they turn into Junebugs. The moles eat the grubs.

Being that I noticed a sudden growth of ant hills in my yard I think this'll be my first approach.

Oh ! well you need to go to the doctor and have him examine all your moles (to be sure they are not cancer).
But most of the time moles are harmless ... unless you have one on the end of your nose or in a place that causes you to be ridiculed to death (like Wong). in THAT case you should think about surgery or something . 

Oh, I'm definately thinking of surgery. sad.gif Next week I get to go have my sinuses scraped out...mucho pollyps up in there. 75% blockage and also caused a deviated septum (whatever the hell that matters). I've got this ooky mole on my back...maybe I should see if the ol' doc will lance that baby while I'm out cold.

Well I think the best way is to do a systematic search : possibly starting sector by sectore

Oh, we already know who the mole is here at work. It's so sad that even the head boss (elected official) says that this mole is a P.O.S. Under state law he's not crossed any defining line or some crap and they can't fire him....yet. They are working on it. Stupid that you can't just up and fire someone because they are worthless, demoralizing to the office, and calls the news as leverage to keep his job. grr.gif

#8 KazuyaWaruasobi

KazuyaWaruasobi

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,301 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 30 May 2003 - 03:54 PM

Umm. . .just leave 'em along for shit's sake. dry.gif

#9 kaioshade

kaioshade

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 30 May 2003 - 03:55 PM

QUOTE (KazuyaWaruasobi @ May 30 2003, 11:54 AM)
Umm. . .just leave 'em along for shit's sake. dry.gif

seriously. leave them. unless theyre damaging your yard or something...

#10 KazuyaWaruasobi

KazuyaWaruasobi

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,301 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 04:01 PM

It's just a yard. Who gives a crap if there are moles in it. I've actually had both moles and gophers as pets and they fucking rock. I personally think that the legal recourse for killing gophers and moles should be the same as the punishment for killing dogs or cats. Animal cruelty is animal cruelty. It is a universal thing, it's not like something isn't worth being alive because if lives underground. Just live with it, it's not a big deal. I mean, if you think about it, you might actually like moles. They're pretty damned cool animals you know. . .

#11 Mage

Mage

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,055 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 30 May 2003 - 04:03 PM

QUOTE (KazuyaWaruasobi @ May 30 2003, 10:01 AM)
It's just a yard. Who gives a crap if there are moles in it. I've actually had both moles and gophers as pets and they fucking rock. I personally think that the legal recourse for killing gophers and moles should be the same as the punishment for killing dogs or cats. Animal cruelty is animal cruelty. It is a universal thing, it's not like something isn't worth being alive because if lives underground. Just live with it, it's not a big deal. I mean, if you think about it, you might actually like moles. They're pretty damned cool animals you know. . .

Bah, people who think animals have the same rights as humans.
Such thinking is why research on animals has become so much harder.

We aren't equal, hell not all humans are even equal. They don't deserve the same rights, merely because they exist.

#12 stiGGy

stiGGy

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 04:11 PM

get yourself a gun. Dont worry about killin em, its all part of nature, plus i hate (most) animals

on a side note: 100th post w00t

Edited by stiGGy, 30 May 2003 - 04:12 PM.

#13 fezzman

fezzman

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 04:26 PM

Yeah, yeah...they are all cute and cuddly. And just look at their cute wittle feetsies.

When I was leasing my house I didn't care about them. Now that I'm a homeowner and trying like hell to have a nice yard, they are buggin'. And yes, they are tearing up the yard otherwise I wouldn't care. Each time I cut the grass, the mower wheels gouge the yard when I turn (where the tunnels are).

I am "an animal person" and would only kill them if necessary. Hell, I've got a cat, dog, Oscars, and a turtle pond (fun hobby). I certainly won't think twice about whacking a mouse over the head if I find in scurrying around in the garage though.

Me thinks I'll try getting rid of the bugs and see if the moles will move next door (that house if for sale and their yard looks like shit anyways).

#14 bong888

bong888

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts
  • Interests:I travel alot and am interested in a good time &lt;br&gt; - what i realy find interesting is the mind

Posted 30 May 2003 - 04:32 PM

Bah, people who think animals have the same rights as humans.
Such thinking is why research on animals has become so much harder.

We aren't equal, hell not all humans are even equal. They don't deserve the same rights, merely because they exist.

Humans are 98% monkey's
we just evolved alot quicker than most animals

#15 hanzblinx

hanzblinx

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 May 2003 - 07:53 PM

get a small cup of antifreeze for them to drink. THey LOVE it, then die.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users