5 replies to this topic

#1 be9ine

be9ine

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 01:06 AM

Let me start by saying that I have read the FAQ's, followed textbooks tut, read about a dozen posts on other people issues with MS28, and I still can't seem to get anywhere. Ok, I'm running Vista, I have the VIA card via6421, and I am using the version of Xtreme boot maker, 5.2, for Vista. To boot into DOS I'm using the DOS CD suggested in Text's tut, and since I can't seem to get xtreme to boot off of any of my USb devices, I've got all the files on a hard drive. So I seem to have dumped my orig fw as there is a file in my backups folder called orig.bin, although samtool never told me that it checked it or anything. I got the impression from the tut that samtool would run automatically. Maybe I'm wrong. Anyway, when I tried to flash the hacked FW, I got some kind of weird error that I don't remember now, and since then I haven not been able to get the ten second trick to work at all. It just says port bc00, master/slave a0. And when I reconnect the 360 dvd drive to the actual 360 and turn it on, I get a black screen that says error 65 (not 66) and has a single flashing red light in the bottom right of the lights. I hope this has made sense so far. I've tried flashing the 256k file called orig.bin back to the xbox, but it still hangs. I've tried every possible ammount of time for it to work (referring to the 10 second trick) and it still hangs. After it hangs, do I need to start over the entire process again? Or can I just hit escape taking me back to the dos command prompt and try again? I apologize if this all seems a jumbled mess, but I can't seem to get this to work and it's getting very frustrating. Thanks in advance for any help.

#2 be9ine

be9ine

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 04:31 AM

Sorry, couldn't find an edit button. That aside, I've been reading about other peoples problems that are similar to mine, and every now and then the "enable0800" disc is mentioned. Is this disc used only if you've previously flashed your FW (which I have not) or do I need to use it in order to flash anything to this drive? It hasn't been mentioned in any tutorials I've seen, only in random posts. Again, any and all help is appreciated.

#3 Havok

Havok

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 April 2007 - 07:20 AM

To jeffsingh..

You dont have a good copy of your ogirignal firmware so your box is toast... nothing you can do. Once the firmware is overridden with a bad firmware and you dont have a working backup.. you are screwed and new a new box.

To be9ine...

As long as you have a working copy of your dvd drive key your box is most likely reocoverable. Do NOT run the tool again without backing up your orig.bin as once it is overwritten you need a new box. I would use firmware toolbox and see if you have a valid key..

#4 be9ine

be9ine

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 08:37 AM

Thanks for the reply. I've opened up my key using 360 firmware toolbox version 3.0 and it appears to be correct. No multiple FFF's etc, and it shows that it's for the correct drive. I still cant flash it to the 360 though. Actually, I can't flash anything to the 360, and I don't dare re-run the read part to dump the FW again. Anyone else have any ideas?

Edited by be9ine, 29 April 2007 - 08:38 AM.

#5 ando2k5

ando2k5

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 326 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 April 2007 - 11:56 AM

if you think you have tried everything i suggest leaving it as messing with stuff like this isn't good or even ask a friend who might no more or pay someone to do it

but you should be able to do it pretty simple

#6 be9ine

be9ine

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 04:56 PM

I've halted work on it for now, hence I'm on here asking questions. I'm sure someone has ran into this same problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users