• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Estuche

Estuche

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 02:31 AM

Hello, I just purchased a ps3 (60gig) and Iīm going to set it on my hdcp-enabled computer monitor with an hdmi-dvi cable. Yet I have a few yes/no questions:

1. Will the audio work fine when using separately the red/white composite cable for audio and DVI for image?
2. There arenīt many 480p ps2 games out there (FFXII for example) and Iīve heard that DVI signal, being digital does not show interlaced images typical of 480i games. My question is, can I still play those 480i games on a computer monitor through a DVI connection?

Thanks a lot!!

Edited by Estuche, 29 April 2007 - 02:37 AM.

#2 Estuche

Estuche

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 05:25 AM

Wow, I thought that for people with this set up Itīd be an easy question...hope somebody answer sleeping.gif

#3 Estuche

Estuche

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 12:11 AM

Arrhhh!!! is it really that hard??? please close this frustrating thread once for all...

#4 countz3r0

countz3r0

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 May 2007 - 04:20 AM

QUOTE(Estuche @ May 3 2007, 12:47 AM) View Post

Arrhhh!!! is it really that hard??? please close this frustrating thread once for all...

Damn.. I'm having the same issue... All ps2 games I play show up in a tiny window.. how can we fix this?

Oh, and splitting the sound off through the standard video cables works fine. you just need to set it in the setting to output through the standard output, and not the hdmi.

Edited by countz3r0, 08 May 2007 - 04:22 AM.

#5 epsilon72

epsilon72

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts
  • Interests:updating my interests section of my profile
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 28 May 2007 - 12:54 AM

QUOTE(Estuche @ Apr 28 2007, 07:07 PM) View Post
Hello, I just purchased a ps3 (60gig) and Iīm going to set it on my hdcp-enabled computer monitor with an hdmi-dvi cable. Yet I have a few yes/no questions:

1. Will the audio work fine when using separately the red/white composite cable for audio and DVI for image?
2. There arenīt many 480p ps2 games out there (FFXII for example) and Iīve heard that DVI signal, being digital does not show interlaced images typical of 480i games. My question is, can I still play those 480i games on a computer monitor through a DVI connection?

Thanks a lot!!

I don't know if you're still having the issue, but you should know that even though a ps2 game may be 480i, the signal that your tv receives from the PS3 (with no upscaling) will be 480p, and should look fine.

Now that v1.8 firmware is out, you can now upscale PS2 games to HD resolutions - but this does add some black borders around the image that may or may not bother you. You have the option of whether to have upscaling turned on or off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users