• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Alvis

Alvis

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 12:10 PM

My installation has actually gone very well and I haven't had to ask any questions here, until now, thanks to the forums and all the turtorials. Once again, my thanks to all of you.

Anyway...

Everything is working like a dream and I have a new hard drive installed and it is locked. However, I installed switches to control the on/off function and the bios flash on my X2Lite. However, they don't seem to work, no matter what position they are in. I can only boot to Evox. However, I would still like to get on live and I want to resolve this. I soldered the wires from the switches to the appropriate contacts on the chip. I'm going to open up my box and check everything out, but I am looking for some possible reasons why this is happening.

To sum up: My mod chip works great, I just can't turn it off.

My Xbox is a v. 1.0.

Is it possible the wire I used is too big(guage too large?) I used 24 guage wire.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Edited by Alvis, 30 May 2003 - 12:55 PM.

#2 SupeRdUPErBlakE

SupeRdUPErBlakE

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, computing. Anything Geeky and I'm in. :)
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 30 May 2003 - 01:30 PM

DId you accidently delete your MS bios?

#3 Alvis

Alvis

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 01:37 PM

QUOTE (SupeRdUPErBlakE @ May 30 2003, 03:30 PM)
DId you accidently delete your MS bios?

I don't know. How would I check that?

#4 SupeRdUPErBlakE

SupeRdUPErBlakE

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, computing. Anything Geeky and I'm in. :)

Posted 30 May 2003 - 01:40 PM

Look in FTP, see if there is an 'xboxdash.xbe' and if not, you probably deleted your MS bios. hahaha. Also, check if theres an evoxdash.xbe, its also possible you named evox 'xboxdash.xbe' overwritten the older dash with the newer one and deleted your MS dash.

#5 Alvis

Alvis

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 01:43 PM

QUOTE (SupeRdUPErBlakE @ May 30 2003, 03:40 PM)
Look in FTP, see if there is an 'xboxdash.xbe' and if not, you probably deleted your MS bios. hahaha. Also, check if theres an evoxdash.xbe, its also possible you named evox 'xboxdash.xbe' overwritten the older dash with the newer one and deleted your MS dash.

Both xboxdash.xbe and evoxdash.xbe are present.

Edited by Alvis, 30 May 2003 - 01:46 PM.

#6 Alvis

Alvis

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 02:46 PM

I just disconnected the wires from my modchip. and there are no jumpers on it, but no dice. It is still turned on. And don't get me wrong, if it had to be stuck in either off or on position, I would rathed have it in on. I just want to solve this problem or else I bought a live kit for nothing.

Edited by Alvis, 30 May 2003 - 02:46 PM.

#7 Alvis

Alvis

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 11:39 PM

bump

#8 ASheva10

ASheva10

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 31 May 2003 - 02:48 AM

QUOTE (SupeRdUPErBlakE @ May 30 2003, 10:40 AM)

The .xbe files are not bioses, they are executables, dashboard, programs, etc...
The bios is located on the TSOP, and it's impossible to erase it without soldering the right points together.

#9 Alvis

Alvis

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 May 2003 - 10:53 PM

Anyone?

#10 scudco

scudco

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 May 2003 - 11:00 PM

I'm experiencing the same exact problem and someone suggested my switches might be fried, BUT now that you say your mod still boots to evox with the jumper off anyways I'm very suspicious. Bad jumper pins possibly? I'm very curious to figure this out now that someone else is having the same exact problem.

I'm using X2Lite pogo, with SPST switches on v1.1.

We should possibly contact teamxecuter?

Let me know what you think.

scudco

#11 scudco

scudco

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 June 2003 - 06:23 PM

Guess no one has ever run into this problem then...

#12 LinksAwakening

LinksAwakening

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 01 June 2003 - 06:33 PM

Did you use Slayer's?

If so (and I'm not sure, I've never been desperate enough to use it), but Slayer's might just install Xboxdash.xbe, Yboxdash.xbe, and Evoxdash.xbe, but have each file be the Evox dashboard. This would be because Slayers would have no way of knowing what your bios boots to, thus putting in each option.

If Xboxdash.xbe is the Evox Dashboard, you Xbox won't work without the chip on. For the Xbox to work without a modchip turned on... Xboxdash.xbe MUST be the original dashboard (Slayer's probably installed this as Msxboxdash.xbe).

So you will need to rename msxboxdash.xbe to xboxdash.xbe for your Xbox to work with the mod off.

Find out what your bios boots to, and depending on that, you might even be able to leave the files renamed like this with full functionality (i.e... not having to rename them all the time).

#13 scudco

scudco

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 June 2003 - 09:20 PM

I didn't use slayer's. Since I have a pogopin chip I can easily remove it and when I do it boots to the ms dashboard. Also if I quit XBMP it dumps me to my MS Dash not evox. I know I can boot to the MS chip so methinks there's something wrong with the modchip jumpers. Possibly something to do with the pogopins modchips. I'd be curious to know whether or not anyone has used a pogopin mod and successfully gotten switches to work. Anyways thanks for that tip.

scudco

#14 scudco

scudco

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 03:55 AM

bump?

#15 Alvis

Alvis

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 June 2003 - 11:35 AM

I am still looking for a solution to this, also. I haven't opened my Xbox back up, yet or checked my bios. I guess I could unplug the chip completely and see what boots up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users