• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Jasmus

Jasmus

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 12:34 AM

I have a problem with my xbox. I've replaced the drive with a 160Gb hard disk that has been working fine for a long time. Just recently though, if I leave my xbox unplugged from the power for a long period of time (say more than a day), when i power it up i get the green startup screen animation, then a black screen, no dashboard. (I used xboxhdm to set up the new drive, and normally at this point unleashx would load).

I was getting around this problem by replacing the original drive back in (also with softmod on), booting into the original MS dash and changing a setting. If i shut it down, then put the 160Gb back in, it works fine. My problem now is after moving house, someone generously dropped my original xbox HD in the move, and it no longer works. I could get it going again by recreating the 160Gb drive in Xboxhdm, but I'd rather not lose all the music movies and games on it.

Any help at all would be appreciated greatly. For waht it's worth, it looks like a bios battery problem to me, but i might be way off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users