PS3Scene

X-S Freak

• Admin
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 01:01 AM

UBS analyst Predicts sales by 2010: 51.9m Wii, 47.2m PS3, 38.9m 360
Posted by XanTium | 1-5-2007 20:01 EST

From gamedaily.com:

UBS analyst Benjamin Schachter believes the PS3 will be just fine, just not as dominant as the PS2. By 2010, he forecasts that the PS3 will have sold over 21 million units in the U.S., just slightly behind the Xbox 360 with over 22 million, but ahead of the Wii (nearly 19 million). In Europe, the numbers by 2010 are also expected to be fairly balanced: 14 million for PS3, 15.5 million for 360, and 12.5 million for Wii. Interestingly, in Japan he believes the discrepancies will be far greater. By 2010 in Japan the 360 will have sold 900,000, but it's the Wii that dominates with 20.5 million compared to the 360's 11.7 million.

On a worldwide basis, Schachter believes the Wii will slightly out pace the PS3, 51.9 million vs. 47.2 million. The 360, he predicts, will come in third globally with 38.9 million.

Full Story: gamedaily.com

#2 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 02 May 2007 - 01:34 AM

... one guess where he pulled those number from rolleyes.gif

Edited by twistedsymphony, 02 May 2007 - 01:34 AM.

#3 mlmadmax

mlmadmax

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 02 May 2007 - 03:29 AM

Yep strait out of his...

I am so tired of the BS guesses, it is hard to believe people can make a living making stuff up.

#4 Swahili

Swahili

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 09:36 AM

Hi guys, I acctually think this is the first very good prediction I have seen in a while. Why are you so mad hung up about it?

#5 Nytemunkey

Nytemunkey

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 127 posts
  • Interests:Drinking, partying, girls, modding stuff, playing xbox
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 May 2007 - 08:22 PM

Nobody is mad or "hung up" noob. We have just seen plenty of analysi and all of them say something different. As if these companies can predict the future to any degree of certainty. This one is especially bad because it puts ps3 over 360, as if that will ever happen in this universe....

#6 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.

Posted 02 May 2007 - 09:12 PM

QUOTE(Swahili @ May 2 2007, 05:12 AM) View Post

Hi guys, I acctually think this is the first very good prediction I have seen in a while. Why are you so mad hung up about it?

so how well does that internet "acting" job pay? ... I've always wondered.

Edited by twistedsymphony, 02 May 2007 - 09:12 PM.

#7 Swahili

Swahili

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 07:04 AM

The acting pays just fine, oh and how the hell can you believe the 360 will do better then the ps3, when 1/3 of the market is almost completly in denial that the 360 exist.

the hostility in this place is just daunting and thanks for welcoming me in such a nice manner

#8 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • 10,466 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 01:10 PM

QUOTE(Swahili @ May 3 2007, 02:40 AM) View Post

The acting pays just fine, oh and how the hell can you believe the 360 will do better then the ps3, when 1/3 of the market is almost completly in denial that the 360 exist.

the hostility in this place is just daunting and thanks for welcoming me in such a nice manner

Nytemunkey's comments aside I never made any claim that any console will do better then any other console. The market is so volatile at this point that any prediction would be spurious at best.

As for the hostility... it stems from the the assumed motivations for you creating an account here. Due to the nature of the content here those who sign up to comment on obvious filler articles reposted from other news outlets usually do so because they are either:

A. A corporate shill making vein attempts at changing well embedded group-think. or
B. A banner waving fanatic attempting to rally for their "cause"

So what was your motivation for signing up? Certainly if you were interested in discussing this topic there are a number of other more populated outlets covering this same topic.

#9 Swahili

Swahili

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 03:54 PM

First post had to be somewhere... Didn't feel like opening old died out topics just to vent my views.

I mostly signed on to be able to complain about the 360's state in europe, wich I will in due time. And to shout "where are the jrpg:s."

#10 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • 10,466 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 08:07 PM

QUOTE(Swahili @ May 3 2007, 11:30 AM) View Post

First post had to be somewhere... Didn't feel like opening old died out topics just to vent my views.

I mostly signed on to be able to complain about the 360's state in europe, wich I will in due time. And to shout "where are the jrpg:s."

Fair enough... what exactly were your complaint about the 360 in Europe?

As for the lack of JRPGs I'd agree but Enchanted Arms and Ninety Nine Nights (not a real RPG I know but like an RPG "lite"), FFXI and PSU for MMOJRPGs is a good start. Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey look like they'll be great also.

The PS3 is losing some of it's JPRGs too. Dragon Quest is going to the DS and Xenogears to the Wii. This generation things are getting all mixed up

#11 Swahili

Swahili

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 08:03 AM

360 in europe = no content, slow downloads, overpriced live (its 10$ a month), the inability to acctually just sign up for live a month here a month there (they just keep billing you cc and you can't cancel it without calling custumer service) I have on game the is online and I don't wanna pay for a service I don't use I just wonder how many acctually just pay the bill because its such a hassle to cancel it or just by not knowing, it took me 3 month until I saw that they just billed me without me knowing.

Enchanted arms is one game and it came out over 6 months ago. And I figure BD won't be hitting europe until 2008 since MS seems to dislike regionfree games for there own distrubuted games, oh and NNN isn't that one of the worst games on the 360 with bullet witch, the demo sure sucked.
And I'm not saying any of the other new console has it better in the jrpg department, apart from the the DS wich gets em all.

Correction on your part monolith did xenosaga, not xenogears(are a ip for Square enix). Wich are lightyears apart in turns of quality.

#12 sabbath_dude

sabbath_dude

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, Rock music, Beer
  • Xbox Version:v1.6c
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 04 May 2007 - 02:10 PM

QUOTE(Swahili @ May 4 2007, 08:39 AM) View Post

360 in europe = no content, slow downloads, overpriced live (its 10$ a month)

Maybe its just your home connection or ISP but I've never had any issues with download speeds from marketplace. 4.99 a month for Live is hardly overpriced and you can always switch to pre-paid cards if you dont want them auto billing your credit card.

#13 Swahili

Swahili

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 02:47 PM

I have a 100mbit line wich I can always max out, on xbox live I get to use maybe 0.5%. A demo takes a couple of hours instead of the minutes it should. 4.99 is wickedly overpriced I have played online 3 time so far with most of the time spent in the lobby waiting for someone to join and listning to crappy voicechat. Maybe if you acctually play online everyday it would be but for a casual or not even that player of online games its ridiculesly overpriced.

#14 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • 10,466 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 03:41 PM

NNN is far from the worst game on the 360... it's actually one of the best Japanese style games on the console.. the people who gave it bad reviews pretty much just don't like Japaneses style games. If you do like that kind of game I highly recommend giving it a try. My GF is a huge Final Fantasy fan and blew off the release of FFXII because she was having too much fun with NNN. If that says anything. I can't comment on Bullet Witch as I've never played it or seen it played, I mostly hear that it's just short.

As for paying for a live subscription... do you pay monthly or annually? monthly in the US it's $10 as well but it drops to less then $3.80 a month if you buy a 12+1 month subscription card. which is peanuts even if you don't play all the time (heck I spend more then that daily on energy drinks). You might want to check but I'm fairly certain you can use US cards in Europe. so what's to stop you from buying one on eBay (for probably less then $50US) and having the code emailed to you?

As for speed and long lobby waits... it's highly dependent on when you go for them. Usually I'll just set things to download and forget about them. As for lobbies filling up Gears is horrible. Hosting and starting an empty lobby I'll wait for 15 minutes for it to fill up for 20 minutes of gaming. But that's dependent on the game as well as the time of day. Some times there's just no one online... other times it's buzzing. Some games people just don't play anymore others sill have a thriving player base.

Edited by twistedsymphony, 04 May 2007 - 03:43 PM.

#15 sabbath_dude

sabbath_dude

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, Rock music, Beer
  • Xbox Version:v1.6c
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 04 May 2007 - 05:23 PM

QUOTE(Swahili @ May 4 2007, 03:23 PM) View Post

I have a 100mbit line wich I can always max out, on xbox live I get to use maybe 0.5%. A demo takes a couple of hours instead of the minutes it should.

Sorry for taking this thread further off topic but what country and ISP are you from/using?. Just curious.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users