PS3Scene

X-S Freak

• Admin
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 03:16 AM

How-to: Make a PS360 controller
Posted by XanTium | 1-5-2007 22:16 EST

From engadget.com:

One of Ben's most popular hacks recently was the PS360 controller, a SIXAXIS modded into an Xbox 360 controller's shell, crashing his site not once, but twice upon its release. This project resulted in a lot of requests to duplicate this mod, showing either a very universal disdain for the PS3 controller's decade-old shape, or some strange obsession with the Xbox 360's chubby, winged form. Unfortunately. Ben didn't have the time to meet all these requests (plus he charges an arm and a leg), so we asked him to show you How-To build your own PS360 controller. It's not terribly difficult, just takes some time, elbow grease and, of course, lots of hot glue. Let's get started!

Full Story: engadget.com

#2 Alex_S_61

Alex_S_61

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 18 August 2007 - 07:41 PM

i much prefer the xbox 360 controller over the PS3 ones

#3 HotKnife420

HotKnife420

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 08:54 PM

Screw the tiltsense; I'm more interested in getting a stock 360 controller working on the PS3, preferably with rumble support.

#4 HughDaHand

HughDaHand

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 06 February 2008 - 07:39 PM

QUOTE(HotKnife420 @ Jan 8 2008, 03:30 PM) View Post

Screw the tiltsense; I'm more interested in getting a stock 360 controller working on the PS3, preferably with rumble support.

That would sure solve the problem my friends are having keeping there 6axis controler synced up with there ps3s. So anoying having your controler just stop working in the middle of a game.

#5 napsterking

napsterking

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 05:30 AM

okay as i said with other posts, (cause i LOVE the 360 controller) get a powerwave controller or get a logitech chillstream and see if the controller works, or get a saitek p3600 controller and see if that works

i have been searching EVERYWHERE to find a 360 like pc controller

#6 TheButler208

TheButler208

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE(napsterking @ Feb 17 2008, 12:06 AM) View Post

okay as i said with other posts, (cause i LOVE the 360 controller) get a powerwave controller or get a logitech chillstream and see if the controller works, or get a saitek p3600 controller and see if that works

i have been searching EVERYWHERE to find a 360 like pc controller

microsoft made a 360 controller for the pc. I know they did I saw it in compUSA once. So if you're looking for a pc 360 controller, they certainly exist.

http://www.compusa.c...h...7&CatId=141

#7 ave1

ave1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 10:49 PM

QUOTE(TheButler208 @ Feb 26 2008, 10:51 AM) View Post

microsoft made a 360 controller for the pc. I know they did I saw it in compUSA once. So if you're looking for a pc 360 controller, they certainly exist.

http://www.compusa.c...h...7&CatId=141

That controller won't work on a PS3 because it requires special drivers to be installed, and the PS3 doesn't allow for that.

I've imported the Powerwave Xbox controller clone for the PC a few weeks ago. It feels great and works fine on my PC (except for the fact that the triggers are just digital and not analog), but on the PS3 there are some rather formiddable problems.

Problem #1: No buttons or triggers are analog. Everything's digital with exception of the analog sticks.

Problem #2: The right stick looks up and down when pushing left and right and pivots the camera left and right when pushing up and down. This is not what the game control is supposed to be, and it would take some serious adaptation to deal with this. If you're good at soldering, you might be able to take apart the controller and "fix" this issue, but I'd probably just end up breaking the controller if I tried to do this.

Problem #3: It offers rumble in my PS2 games, but not the PS3 games. Be aware that there's only one single rumble motor inside it- not two. The rumble effect feels fine, though.

Problem #4: No home button.

Problem #5: No sixaxis function.

I suppose that it's a pretty nice controller for Burnout or Motorstorm, but for racing games that require finessing of brakes and accelerator (ie. GT5) it wouldn't be very good. If anyone wants to buy mine from me (I've got the box and PC installation disc), I'll sell it for $18 shipped.

Steve
(I've got 100% positive Ebay rating so don't hesitate to request that info in a PM if you are interested in my controller.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users