• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Setha

Setha

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 02:20 AM

I'm looking for suggestions. So far I have discovered that I like things inspired by the psychedelic generation. I have two of Timothy Leary's albums, like those, especially "You can be anything this time around". I also really dig this guy: http://www.richshapero.imeem.com/ who mixes primal themes with beautiful wilderness descriptions. I have "The Ram - Wild Animus" by him. It's kind of half music/half poetry, not sure if that really counts as "spoken word", but I view him more as a storyteller than a musician.

#2 StrictPuppet

StrictPuppet

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,295 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 May 2007 - 05:06 AM

Henry Rollins....

#3 SICKdimension

SICKdimension

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,659 posts
  • Interests:TO IM ME, STATE YOUR REASON, DON'T JUST SAY "HEY R U THERE?"
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 May 2007 - 07:09 AM

You might be interested in the post I made over in the Literary section:
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=595974

I really like the writings of Kerouac, Ginsberg, and Burroughs. I especially like Jack Kerouac's CDs with Steve Allen, Al Cohn, and Zoot Simms. I then recently discovered Steven Jesse Bernstein's CD "Prison," which is great.

Anyone else listen/read to this stuff? I found some examples on Youtube if you're unfamiliar:

Kerouac:
Bernstein:

#4 Setha

Setha

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 05:30 PM

QUOTE(StrictPuppet @ May 2 2007, 09:42 PM) View Post

Henry Rollins....

Maybe I should check him out. I'm really not into Black Flag (I knew one of their bassists personally, that might have something to do with it), but I haven't heard Rollins' spoken word stuff. Is there anywhere online that I could listen/watch some for free? I should have mentioned that you can hear all of "Wild Animus - The Ram" at the link I posted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users