• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 _-SetH-_

_-SetH-_

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 04:17 PM

Ok, I hope u guys can help me with this one, this is my first try at modding my xbox, i bought my box 4 days ago smile.gif
I did my research, but I can't find anything on the problem I'm having now...

I have a version 1.1 and a matrix modchip. I installed it with different bios (EvoXV3.6 - V1.1 and Xecuter2_4976.02_MultiVer_256k).
In test mode 1, the led blinks green shortly, then flashes red, which indicates it's installed correctly (in the case of a V1.1).
But when I switch to mode 2 (which turns the chip "on") and power on my xbox, the led flashes green twice, then turns green and stays green. The eject button on the front of the xbox also blinks green twice, together with the led on the matrix, and when the matrix led stays green, the eject button flashes green/red/green/red/.....
But my tv stays black, no intro, nothing, just blackness smile.gif

My first thought was that the Evox bios was corrupt, but I have the same problem with the X2 bios, so now I'm thinking there's a problem with the chip...

Any Ideas?

Greetz,

Seth, Lord of Chaos

#2 explicitlyrics100

explicitlyrics100

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts
  • Interests:everything
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 May 2003 - 04:23 PM

get the d.6 bios just as there are less fakes going around and thus more likely to yield a working chip or not - try the same procedure of installation - get it to flash green then go red. now put some pressure (be reasonable here, it is a very fragile contact) on the d0 and change mode, keep pressure down and boot. make sure you have all power adapters and ide cables the right way round.
also before all this just press each pin on the matrix with a finger to check it is springy enough just to check that it will make a fair contact

#3 kkattfish

kkattfish

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 30 May 2003 - 04:25 PM

pinch the programmer and the matrix chip together while flashing, it may not be getting a good flash, a ton of people have had to do this who had the exact same problem. beerchug.gif

#4 explicitlyrics100

explicitlyrics100

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 04:32 PM

yeh i assumed that you were verifying your chip- do it its a good idea! also if possible ask the person you are downloading the bios off if they have tried it

#5 _-SetH-_

_-SetH-_

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 04:34 PM

When I programmed the chip, I already did that pinching trick, my fingers are still hurting tongue.gif
But when he verifies and says everything's fine, that means the programming was done correctly, right? (So then the problem must be a corrupt bios, i guess)
Gonna try just one more smile.gif

Explicitlyrics : Do you mean I need to switch modes with the power on?

Thx for the fast responses smile.gif

Seth, Lord of Chaos

#6 _-SetH-_

_-SetH-_

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 04:53 PM

Ok, I tried the D6 bios, same problem...

Just a thought, when I install this bios, does he load the default MS dashboard or do I need to put a bootable disc in the drive?
There's a game disc in the drive now, does this have anything to do with it?

Seth, Lord of Chaos

#7 explicitlyrics100

explicitlyrics100

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 04:56 PM

heh silly seth - one you have got your modchip installed then you will need to boot with a cdrw with evox on it - that way it will boot from the cd and you wll have a happy xbox - although i still dont understnad the error - unless your bios was looking for evoxdash not xboxdash

#8 explicitlyrics100

explicitlyrics100

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 04:57 PM

and no dont switch modes witht he power on. but try not to move the matrix at all!

#9 _-SetH-_

_-SetH-_

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 05:07 PM

Ok, gonna burn Evox on cdrw then...
But I did find something on the troubleshoot guide of the Xodus website : "if your box reboots 3 times in mode 2 (like what happens to me), then u have a bad bios..."
So I'll try booting from cd first and if that doesn't work I'll try another bios...

And I'm not silly, I'm just a n00b tongue.gif

Seth, Lord of Chaos

#10 explicitlyrics100

explicitlyrics100

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 05:30 PM

sorry - didnt mean it like that! yeh as i sed try asking the person youre getting the bios from if it works, so much easier than getting worried about your xbox not working properly

#11 burntout

burntout

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 06:38 PM

question.....i have the same problem with my xbox....but why wont my xbox boot withought the chip in it?

#12 explicitlyrics100

explicitlyrics100

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 06:55 PM

was this from another thread - but what error does it give if you remove the modchip? thaat would help us a lot in finding out why it doesnt boot without chip.
just follow the steps for creating an evox boot cd - im sure loads of people have created a tutorial for it. Chris

#13 _-SetH-_

_-SetH-_

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 07:19 PM

Ok, I finally managed to find a dashboard, it's this version :
EvolutionX_V1_8_3752

Now, do I need a special version of the Evox bios to get this booted or can i just choose any evox bios?

Hope this is the last question, cause I'm getting kinda sick of pinching that chip onto the programmer tongue.gif

Seth, Lord of Chaos

#14 _-SetH-_

_-SetH-_

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 May 2003 - 06:55 PM

Ok, problem solved...

It seems that when I press down real hard on the right side of the chip while booting, the thing actually works...

So the problem is that, when I screw the bolt back in (located at the left), the right side of the chip is slightly raised. This causes a bad contact for the most right pins...

I'm gonna try soldering the right pins, but not solder them onto the Mobo, just to make them a little longer so that they will toch the mobo, hope that works cause i have no idea how i can press both sides of the chip onto the mobo at the same time, I don't really wanna drill an extra hole into the mobo...

This should fix most of the "3 times reboot then flash red/green" problems with matrix i think, let me know if any of you finds another solution than soldering...

Seth, Lord of Chaos

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users