Photo

Huge Mistake With Unleashx, Ndure Exploit.

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 inkblot

inkblot

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 01:33 AM

When my Xbox stopped reading my burned disk all of a sudden, I tried to reinstall the exploit. When i came to the menu via Mechassult I removed the backup, since it said that that would help with installing the original Xbox dashboard. When I tried to reinstall it a message popped up that said "batch process failed the last item was:. action: rename". Now, there is no dashboard, though it does play games, and since I had no idea how to make a rescue disk I am stuck like this. Is there any way I can get my dashboard back without FTPing into my Xbox (I cannot do that since my mother's computer is the only one with Internet access), even if it is just the original dashboard?

#2 vb_encryption_vb

vb_encryption_vb

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,943 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 08 May 2007 - 02:41 AM

why is there a problem with ur moms computer being the only thing with internet access...if all else u can always try to make that recovery disc again but i think u need ur eeprom file im not sure though, i used the 007 exploit and i have no issues whats so ever.

#3 inkblot

inkblot

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 05:36 PM

The problem is that to make a rescue disk I need to FTP into my Xbox, but since my Dashboard doesn't work, I can't, and even if I could I don't have a crossover cable, which is needed to FTP into it. Is there any pre-made ISOs I can use to rescue my Xbox?

#4 cerealkillajme

cerealkillajme

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 May 2007 - 05:48 PM

QUOTE(inkblot @ May 8 2007, 12:12 PM) View Post

The problem is that to make a rescue disk I need to FTP into my Xbox, but since my Dashboard doesn't work, I can't, and even if I could I don't have a crossover cable, which is needed to FTP into it. Is there any pre-made ISOs I can use to rescue my Xbox?

The rescue disc is supposed to be made BEFORE you mess something up. You make it when you get it modded and everything is good, that way if something goes wrong later on you will have that disc.

If you can boot backup games then you can boot CASH and fix it. Also you could just boot any auto-installer and have FTP access to get in and fix files. If you can't boot any backup discs then CASH and other auto-installers are out of the question.

Since it sounds like you had a problem during uninstalling it's probably better if you just start fresh. I'd use the formatting options under "I'm softmodded w/Ndure v1.1.1". Once you boot CASH you should go in and find anything you want to backup (which is probably just your gamesaves in E:\UDATA), and especially backup your Eeprom to your PC incase anything goes more wrong, at least you'd be able to fix it via XBOXHDM. Then proceed with the format. You will need to note your kernel version, then "restore from rescue disc" and after it reboots you will be able to format it. Just follow the manauls section "How to format Ndure v1.1 and go back to stock+Ndure v1.1.1" to the "T" and you'll be fine. Those are very specific instructions, so be sure to follow them exactly.

I also highly recommend you put CASH on a DVD disc as opposed to a CD disc. Of the few people that have had a problem with CASH, they all burned it to CD-R and then had problems with it copying (reading) the files correctly from the disc. wink.gif

#5 inkblot

inkblot

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 06:17 PM

Retail games work fine, I have never made backup games, so I can't say for sure about that. The menu for Krayzie's installer shows up, though. What exactly is CASH, and how do I FTP to my Xbox if it does not have a dashboard?

#6 cerealkillajme

cerealkillajme

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 06:33 PM

Once you boot Krayzies Installer you will have FTP access, you can then change things back that way also.

CASH = Cerealkilla's Automated Softmod Helper

It's a program I made to assist with installing dashs, adding programs, formatting, and upgrading a softmod. Built for softmods only and built for use with Ndure.

Whenever you put a boot disc in, it's basically just a dash on a disc... so once you boot it you have FTP access.

It sounds like when your trying to re-install the mod your not backing the eeprom up. There are only 2 reasons why you get an error when installing the softmod.

1. You didn't backup the eeprom correctly. Select backup eeprom in the blue menu, then select to back it up again in the black menu (this is probably where you were not hitting it).

2. You don't have M$ dash 5960 files on the HDD. Which it could very well be this. Since you have no FTP access and probably don't have the eeprom this won't be fun if that is the case. You will have to hotswap the drive to your PC and rebuild it if this is the case.

Not really sure what it would do if you continue installing the mod though, since it doesn't boot to a dash when you do boot it I assume it probably won't continue installing the mod.

You never stated this, but what exactly does your xbox do when you cut it on without a disc in it?

#7 inkblot

inkblot

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 07:07 PM

Just a black screen. I don't remember what I did, but I do remember removing the eeprom backup. Backing it up again doesn't help.

Edited by inkblot, 08 May 2007 - 07:09 PM.

#8 blackxino

blackxino

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:stuff:P
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 May 2007 - 12:37 AM

QUOTE(inkblot @ May 8 2007, 07:43 PM) View Post

Just a black screen. I don't remember what I did, but I do remember removing the eeprom backup. Backing it up again doesn't help.

this was the same problem i had, but I unplugged the xbox after some time, and it gives me Error 16, which cannot find the clock.
I emailed that Krazie, he didn't even reply:/
and it was his Dualboot fault!

#9 blackxino

blackxino

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 06:34 PM

can someone please tell me how to fix error 16.
i have two problems for it:
*Clock needs setting
*Missing file in the C Drive
that is why it isn't working

Can someone tell me how to get pass this or fix the problem without using a hotswapp. I can't hotswapp. Can i use some sort of a rescue disc!?

#10 cerealkillajme

cerealkillajme

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 07:03 PM

Nope, most likely can't use any rescue disc, e16 is usually an error that a disc cannot be used to recover from.

You'll have to hotswap to fix... unless you backed the eeprom up to your PC and you could use that, but like most you probably didn't.

Hotswap or install a chip, those are your ONLY options (other than build an eeprom reader and get the eeprom and rebuild via XBOXHDM).

#11 blackxino

blackxino

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 12:17 AM

QUOTE(cerealkillajme @ May 29 2007, 07:39 PM) View Post

Nope, most likely can't use any rescue disc, e16 is usually an error that a disc cannot be used to recover from.

You'll have to hotswap to fix... unless you backed the eeprom up to your PC and you could use that, but like most you probably didn't.

Hotswap or install a chip, those are your ONLY options (other than build an eeprom reader and get the eeprom and rebuild via XBOXHDM).

yes I have my epprom backup, c drive back and even hd serial backup!
I can't hotswap!
now with my backups...anyway of fixing the xbox?

If I get a new xbox, can I fix the error with a new xbox?

can I fix the error if I buy a new hdd for the xbox?

#12 Corvillus

Corvillus

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 12:36 AM

QUOTE(blackxino @ May 29 2007, 07:53 PM) View Post

now with my backups...anyway of fixing the xbox?

Yes, very easily in fact.

If I get a new xbox, can I fix the error with a new xbox?

No, a new Xbox won't help you for this method.

can I fix the error if I buy a new hdd for the xbox?

Yes, but it's not necessary, as this will work with your current drive. That said if you were looking at upgrading the HDD, now is probably the best time to do it.

Basically what you have to do, is build an XboxHDM disk using a backup of your C drive, and a backup of your EEPROM. Once you've got that, you can use it to unlock your Xbox HDD, rebuild it to stock, then lock it again. You can even do this with a brand new HDD, so if you're upgrading, do this with the new HDD (minus the unlocking part of course since they come unlocked, however you will need to lock it afterward).

#13 blackxino

blackxino

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 01:16 AM

QUOTE(Corvillus @ May 30 2007, 01:12 AM) View Post

Yes, very easily in fact.

No, a new Xbox won't help you for this method.

Yes, but it's not necessary, as this will work with your current drive. That said if you were looking at upgrading the HDD, now is probably the best time to do it.

Basically what you have to do, is build an XboxHDM disk using a backup of your C drive, and a backup of your EEPROM. Once you've got that, you can use it to unlock your Xbox HDD, rebuild it to stock, then lock it again. You can even do this with a brand new HDD, so if you're upgrading, do this with the new HDD (minus the unlocking part of course since they come unlocked, however you will need to lock it afterward).

so basically you are telling me, I should just make a xboxhdm disk using my backups!?
i hope this doesn't have to do with hotswapping ide's
because I am going to try it now

thanks for the quick reply:P

#14 Corvillus

Corvillus

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 04:40 AM

Nope, as long as you have the EEPROM for the Xbox you're trying to put the HDD in you're good to go.

#15 cerealkillajme

cerealkillajme

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 05:08 PM

QUOTE(blackxino @ May 29 2007, 07:52 PM) View Post

so basically you are telling me, I should just make a xboxhdm disk using my backups!?
i hope this doesn't have to do with hotswapping ide's
because I am going to try it now

thanks for the quick reply:P

You still need to plug the HDD into an IDE connection on your PC, same as hotswapping. But the difference is that you don't have to have the XBOX or the PC running to do it (so your not really taking any risk of frying anything since your not hotswapping), your simply booting your PC with an XBOX HDD already installed and booting a Linux disc that will help you with rebuilding/fixing it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users