X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Interests:i like.... girls.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 May 2007 - 05:21 AM

I'm not sure if this is where this goes, mods: do what you gotta do...

does anyone own(ed) a Vizio HDTV? and is it any good.. i just feel like somthing is wrong when you pay 799 for a 37 in LCD HDTV with support up to 1080i. let me know. i guess i just feel like buying a vizio vs sony is like buying kia vs toyota

#2 hamwbone

hamwbone

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 11 May 2007 - 11:20 AM

i have seen some at costo right next to the expensive ones, they look great im my opinion. now theres no telling how well any of them were set up but i came really close to buying one for in my bedroom. if you buy at costco you get the 2 year satisfaction warranty no charge!

sorry i couldnt be of more technical help, just thought id throw the costco thing in there. =)

on a side note, frys sells 1366x768 (1080i/720p) lcds for 599 all day long. so 799 is not far from it.

#3 Rylinkus

Rylinkus

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 19 May 2007 - 05:33 AM

My mom and I chipped in and bought my Step Dad a 42"? Vizio plus surround sound system for his 40th in Dec. (His first ever brand new TV). I looked at a lot of TVs, and the Vizio is a bit warm, colorwise, but I like that. To me it's a very nice looking TV and there were a precious few I saw at the various places I went to that looked better. (Many looked far worse) The display I saw was @ Sam's Club, so I hardly think so visual mastermind set it up to make it look amazing. I think it's just a very nice TV at a reasonable price. And maybe it is like Kia and will fail in 2 years. Or maybe it's more like Hyundai a few years back as they had made major changes, were still cheap, and the reliability results wouldn't be available until now. (Hyundai has become very reliable recently.) If I were buying a new TV at this point I'd buy a Vizio. I lucked into my GFs boss selling me his 37 inch, 6000 lb, Trinitron for 100 bucks tho, so Im set for now.

All said and done, my stepdad loves it, my mom loves it, my little sisters love it, and I do as well. It was more than worth what we paid for it, and that's hard to say of electronics at times. Buy one.

#4 hamwbone

hamwbone

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 10:34 AM

alot of these secondary brands are made by bigger companys anyways. i think LG makes the panels for most of them hehe, just by the number of LG stickers of seen on the back. do some searching on your particular model youre looking to buy. its probably made by a bigger production line company

#5 Liquidvlade Hiraduo

Liquidvlade Hiraduo

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 148 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 22 May 2007 - 05:52 AM

I am a Vizio user and I am super satisfied. I had a 32" 1080i LCD Widescreen for 900$ (back in the day) and now they are at 700$. I got rid of that one and bought a 47" LCD 1080p HDTV for 1,800$ with 2 HDMI, two Component and two regular inputs and I am loving it. It makes the Blu-Rays with the PS3 and the 360 (via HDMI) look amazing!

I highly recommend them.

#6 C o s m o

C o s m o

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,296 posts
  • Interests:The Shocker, mudbutt, luge lessons, buggery.
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 May 2007 - 06:32 PM

I too bought a Vizio. I took my dad to Costco and he got the 42" LCD. I was pretty impressed with the IQ as compared to similarly featured, more expensive models.

I got the 37" LCDa month or so ago. I'm impressed as well. It includes the tuner, which is nice.
Now, my old set was a 34" CRT by JVC. It was a bit fuzzy around the edges, but the IQ was superior to anything I've seen. The LCD doesn't quite compare to that, but I don't expect it to. The Vizio perfoms admirable in my 360 gaming. I love playing Gears on it. You'll be pleased, especially if you buy from Costco.

#7 hamwbone

hamwbone

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 07:32 PM

Costco is the only place ill buy from! 2 YEAR warranty with any tv/computer/electronic you buy there. It uesed to be lifetime but people were abusing it.

#8 bvic01

bvic01

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 02:29 PM

QUOTE(hamwbone @ May 22 2007, 08:08 PM) View Post

Costco is the only place ill buy from! 2 YEAR warranty with any tv/computer/electronic you buy there. It uesed to be lifetime but people were abusing it.

Actually a little known fact is that Sam's Club has a lifetime no questions asked warrantee. If you have one in your area that's the place to buy it.

#9 Horty8342

Horty8342

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 03:24 AM

Just bought the 42" 1080p from costco yesterday (VU42LF). I don't have the vga cable yet so i haven't tried out 1080p yet but the 1080i looks exceptional. Watched some HDTV shows the other night and am thoroughly impressed. I'm sure it cant match the quality of a sharp aquos or sony but if you aren't used to hidef then vizio tvs will definitely give you a great picture especially for what you pay. The 42 inch 1080p is on sale until sunday (7/1) for a grand. Not a bad deal I think but I could be a little biased.

#10 Perplexer

Perplexer

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts
  • Interests:Fish with big teeth
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 June 2007 - 03:27 AM

I own Vizio's 50" 720P plasma. Seventh-gen LG panel, Faroudja scaler, looks great! Almost half the cost of a comparable "name brand" set.

I did have a ghosting issue, and one bright pixel, and Vizio's customer service was exceptional. They replaced the set, no questions asked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users