• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 xxNIRVANAxx

xxNIRVANAxx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 03:36 AM

I was just wondering if anyone is doing some packet sniffing to see if the 360 sends out different data when playing an original or a backup. I'd like to help out. I have a modded TS MS28 360, Crackdown (orig and backup), and a unmodded hitachi- I think (for control purposes). If anyone is doing some packet sniffing, I have Cain and Abel and WireShark installed and I'd like to be able to help out.

For those who don't know what this is for: I want to know if anyone is checking the data the xbox 360 sends out to microsoft whether your playing an original game or a backup. If the data is the same, we are safe from MS detecting us playing backups. If they are different, they might be harvesting gamertags and ban us all in one swoop (much like Xbox 1).

Edited by xxNIRVANAxx, 10 May 2007 - 03:38 AM.

#2 ryanworrell

ryanworrell

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 06:27 PM

QUOTE(xxNIRVANAxx @ May 9 2007, 10:12 PM) View Post

I was just wondering if anyone is doing some packet sniffing to see if the 360 sends out different data when playing an original or a backup. I'd like to help out. I have a modded TS MS28 360, Crackdown (orig and backup), and a unmodded hitachi- I think (for control purposes). If anyone is doing some packet sniffing, I have Cain and Abel and WireShark installed and I'd like to be able to help out.

For those who don't know what this is for: I want to know if anyone is checking the data the xbox 360 sends out to microsoft whether your playing an original game or a backup. If the data is the same, we are safe from MS detecting us playing backups. If they are different, they might be harvesting gamertags and ban us all in one swoop (much like Xbox 1).

From my understanding this is pretty much useless because most of the data sent to MS servers is already highly encrypted. Good luck tho.

#3 raufemann

raufemann

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 01:37 PM

Really useless ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users