#1 MartinC

MartinC

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 01:36 AM

What Is It?

The Trusty Xbox upgrade is a 64MB RAM installation (total of 128MB) & replacement of the CPU to a Pentium III Mobile running at 1GHz with 256KB of L2 cache (standard Xbox is 733MHz, 128KB).

The cost of this upgrade is about $150 USD including labor, parts, postage costs & bank transfer fees.

After some invistgation I came to the conclusion that Trusty uses a 750MHz processor that is designed for a FSB of 100MHz. The Xbox FSB runs at 133MHz so the CPU is overclocked & run at 7.5*133 or 997.5MHz.

Quality & Stability

Trusty is polite & tries to keep his customer happy which I think is important.

The quality of his work is excellent; the soldiering looks perfect & he even put protective coating on the Modchip joints.

I used the standard heatsinks & put Arctic Alumina thermal paste on the CPU & Arctic Silver on the GPU. I have had the upgraded Xbox for a month, played Halo 2, CoD 3, Unreal Champ, run XBMC with 480, 720, 1080 H264 clips & Xbox has always run stable.

Conclusion

I think this upgrade is for those who want the ultimate Xbox, something faster than the original but if you expect applications that require a Pentium 4 3GHz to run correctly (such as High Definition video files) then look elsewhere than the Xbox.

Edited by MartinC, 11 May 2007 - 01:39 AM.

#2 MickRaider

MickRaider

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,880 posts
  • Interests:I have no interests
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 11 May 2007 - 02:35 AM

Can it can handle mkv H264? This is something that I know the xbox refuses to even try.

#3 MartinC

MartinC

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 04:00 AM

QUOTE(MickRaider @ May 11 2007, 03:11 AM) View Post

Can it can handle mkv H264? This is something that I know the xbox refuses to even try.

If you supply a clip for me I can test it however if a standard Xbox with XBMC won't play the file it's most likely a XBMC/MPlayer bug.

#4 Thick9"

Thick9"

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 03:51 PM

How(Or Where)can I find or contact someone about this upgrade(A link in this post would be nice).I am VERY interested in this upgrade and a pointer in the right direction would be appreciated. Thanks for any responses.

#5 grim_d

grim_d

The Grim Gopher

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,483 posts
  • Interests:enjoying life.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 May 2007 - 04:04 PM

QUOTE(Thick9" @ May 13 2007, 04:27 PM) View Post

How(Or Where)can I find or contact someone about this upgrade(A link in this post would be nice).I am VERY interested in this upgrade and a pointer in the right direction would be appreciated. Thanks for any responses.

search for the member "Trusty"

he does them.

#6 africamagical

africamagical

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 May 2007 - 11:58 PM

I got mine back the other day,
surreal 64 runs a lot better, im pretty pleased
just pm trusty,

P.S. woot on 500

#7 Cinderwolf

Cinderwolf

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 07:23 PM

Hmm... regular DVD playback in unaffected as well? I'd read about a company who'd upgraded their cpu in the xbox system to 1.4ghz and load times were great, but it affected mpg/dvd playback to where the video would go out of sync with the sound and it would skip frequently as well.
I take it everything is unaffected?

#8 MartinC

MartinC

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 05:10 AM

Resources:
  • Trusty's upgrade thread.
  • Another review thread.
  • 1GHz Patch - Some programs require code to be edited so that it can properly sync with the CPU, the symptoms are constant slight pauses.
  • Delimit - Patches XBE's to use >64MB. Changes the setting of a flag to true, doubt this is compulsorily obeyed though.
  • Benchmarks - Coming soon...

#9 MartinC

MartinC

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 08:59 AM

QUOTE(MickRaider @ May 11 2007, 03:11 AM) View Post

Yes, up to 720p.

Benchmarks

YouTube Video

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users