33 replies to this topic

#1 Dark Master

Dark Master

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 02:00 AM

Okay anyway I'm kinda working on this project and I would like to add a another set of outputs or whatever so I found this diagram (below) And anyway, all I want is the red, white, and yellow holes. Cause all I need and want is the red and white (audio) and the yellow (video) ports. Now in this first picture it shows you need a switch... Can I just bridge these together or do I just not even put anything there.? ALSO where would I get those three port like things that have a + and a - side like in the diagram?

Anyway diagram: (its the first picture I'm referring to.)
http://img172.images...ck9e8bfcxr1.png

mod edit: large image

Edited by MickRaider, 11 May 2007 - 02:33 AM.

#2 nadnerb

nadnerb

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Interests:stuff
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 11 May 2007 - 11:49 AM

Buy the parts at Radioshack.

Why would you do this anyway? The results will be the same as using the standard AV cable, probably worse infact.

#3 kaidomac

kaidomac

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 02:11 PM

If you don't have a Radio Shack near you, PartsExpress.com online would have them.

#4 Dark Master

Dark Master

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 09:19 PM

Okay well here is why... I tend to bring my Xbox with me to a lot of places, including like friends houses and stuff, and sometimes i forget to bring that Audio/ Video cable for the back of my xbox. and u know most people have those red, white, and yellow cables laying around, i mean u use them on a dvd player, and i though it would just be helpful to do this..

also you said it would be worse? which one of those 4 pictures would i have to do just to have the same, if not better video and audio quality?

#5 Dark Master

Dark Master

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 02:57 AM

Okay nevermind that... I figured out that that will work...

But this is what I now have a concern about...

Is it possible for an Xbox to have all these outputs on it? And have them ALL work?
IPB Image

I notice that on the diagram above that the S-Video conflicts with some other wires... Is it possible to have an XBox have all these ports on the back and have them all work?

(ALso I'm feeling really stupid right now, but I know what the first red, the white, and the yellow connector do, but what is the blue, green, and other red port for... It says component video out, but I'm really confused what that is? PLease Help... unsure.gif )

#6 xboxgamer733

xboxgamer733

X-S Moderating Team

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 May 2007 - 03:54 AM

QUOTE(Dark Master @ May 11 2007, 08:33 PM) View Post
Is it possible to have an XBox have all these ports on the back and have them all work?
Yes, you can make use of all of those video outputs with your Xbox. Are you asking, though, if they can all be used simultaneously?

QUOTE(Dark Master @ May 11 2007, 08:33 PM) View Post
(ALso I'm feeling really stupid right now, but I know what the first red, the white, and the yellow connector do, but what is the blue, green, and other red port for... It says component video out, but I'm really confused what that is? PLease Help... unsure.gif )
You can find the answer to that question here. smile.gif

(By the way, I'll move your thread to a more appropriate forum.)

#7 Dark Master

Dark Master

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 11:45 AM

Okay thats for that... And See what I would be using is the white, first red, then the first yellow port considering those are Standard A/V Ports. THen I would use the RGB ports (those other 3 ones) for Advanced A/V Output. Then the S-Video, is just the S-Video...

ALso I'm still kinda confused on the RGB thingy... I know the red, white, and yellow ports are Standard A/vV Ports and about every TV has those inputs... But whcih kinda of TV's have a RGB cable input? High-Def? Anything Special?

Thanks for your help xboxgamer...

#8 nadnerb

nadnerb

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Interests:stuff
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 12 May 2007 - 01:41 PM

The reason why I said it will probably be worse is because you'll be just soldering wires to the mobo and then soldering that to a connector and then using some other cables. All those factors could degrade the image quality, but then again, they might not.

#9 Dark Master

Dark Master

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 06:08 PM

Okay so I think I have this right... Below is a picture of the back of the xbox's mobo right under where the A/V output is... And I'm not sure if this is right...

IPB Image
And I also need help... I don't even know what those switches do.. SO i left them there. And if your wondering I wouldn't be using them all at the same time. I would use the Standard A/V Red, White, and Yellow Ports as one. And the Advanced A/V (RGB) Red, Green, and Blue ports as another one... And I'll just keep the S-Video there but I would like it too work.

#10 Dark Master

Dark Master

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 09:16 PM

bump...

i really need some help with this, and i know that you know is this is right or not... please help

#11 Dark Master

Dark Master

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 10:07 PM

Bump! Help please...

I'm all ready to start this part but no one has clarified that this is right so I'm unable to start yet...

#12 speedypancake

speedypancake

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 09:45 AM

QUOTE(Dark Master @ May 15 2007, 10:43 PM) View Post

Bump! Help please...

I'm all ready to start this part but no one has clarified that this is right so I'm unable to start yet...

Great forum eh? biggrin.gif

#13 Dark Master

Dark Master

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 12:41 AM

I saw your reply and I was like yes! Someone replied, then I saw your post and i was like No! That wasn't helpful...

#14 speedypancake

speedypancake

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 07:55 PM

QUOTE(Dark Master @ May 19 2007, 01:17 AM) View Post

I saw your reply and I was like yes! Someone replied, then I saw your post and i was like No! That wasn't helpful...

Sorry. Just hate to see people talking to themselves...
Hope this helps biggrin.gif

#15 AliasCT

AliasCT

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 19 May 2007 - 10:43 PM

I don't even know what those switches do..

As far as I'm aware, the switches bridge the connections when they need to be, ie when you want to use the different connections.

I'm going to assume that you read the diagram and copied it down right. I'd suggest that you don't refer to your own when making it, just in case there are any errors. S-video should work as well as any of the other connections, just make sure you have all the switches for it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users