• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 11 May 2007 - 03:50 PM

http://www.exophase....odshot-1009.htm

Condemned 2: Blootshot love.gif

Criminal Origins was and still is my favorite Xbox 360 title to date... I've been hoping for a sequel ever since I finished the first game... this will be awesome smile.gif

Sega officially announced today that Condemned 2: Bloodshot will be heading exclusively to the Xbox 360 early next year.

Condemned 2: Bloodshot will have players take the role of Ethan Thomas, a former Serial Crimes Unit investigator, who has been called back to duty to track down his missing partner. A number of disturbing events from Ethan's past have left him a broken man, who is forced to fight inner demons throughout his investigation.

Players will find themselves infused with an array of firearms, and blunt instruments. The game will also feature an in-depth fighting system, complete with defensive and offensive combo chains, as well as grapples and holds.

That's not all, Condemned 2 also aims to please bloodthirsty gamers with a thrilling online deathmatch mode.

#2 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 May 2007 - 04:48 PM

i loved the game and cant wait for this one, but i swear that other sites are stating it's coming to both the 360 and ps3.

#3 ILLusions0fGrander

ILLusions0fGrander

third echelon agent

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 11 May 2007 - 06:38 PM

deathmatch? oh yeah!

condemned is one of the great 360 titles to date... cant wait!

#4 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.

Posted 11 May 2007 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE(KAGE360 @ May 11 2007, 12:24 PM) View Post

i loved the game and cant wait for this one, but i swear that other sites are stating it's coming to both the 360 and ps3.

You're absolutely right... going to Sega.com and checking out their press releases:

http://www.sega.com/...em=pr_20070510e
Developed by the renowned Monolith Productions, creators of the original Condemned game, Condemned 2: Bloodshot is slated to ship in early 2008 for the Xbox 360™ videogame and entertainment from Microsoft and PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system.

NOT exclusive... I wonder where exophase got there info dry.gif

As for the announcement it sounds like their taking the combat system to the next level with combos and other kinds of varying attacks... I LOVE the idea, the weapon system was solid in the first game but it was pretty bland overall, here's hoping that the improved combat system doesn't take away efforts to continue the amazing storyline and creepy atmosphere.

#5 Raging Walrus

Raging Walrus

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:Stuff.
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 15 May 2007 - 03:41 PM

Well at least the first game was 360-exclusive! PS3 can go suck a left nut! *NOTE* Most of THEIR games are SEQUELS to games that are ALREADY out on OTHER systems, most definitely the XBOX 360!

#6 hamwbone

hamwbone

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 15 May 2007 - 09:25 PM

i hope they dont mess up the sound in the game, no reason they would, i think condemned had one of the best sound executions of any game i have ever played

#7 lowendfrequency

lowendfrequency

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 May 2007 - 04:55 AM

Good news... condemned was one of my favorites. Playing that one in the dark with the 5.1 turned real high was a friggin rush!

#8 DrPepperFan15

DrPepperFan15

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 May 2007 - 06:07 AM

I still havent played it yet... only the demo. Is it truely that good because I have no money to buy it so I may just have to save up

#9 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • 10,466 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 12:47 PM

QUOTE(DrPepperFan15 @ May 16 2007, 01:43 AM) View Post

I still havent played it yet... only the demo. Is it truely that good because I have no money to buy it so I may just have to save up

The demo is basically just the game's training level, the actual game is a lot more fun and interesting.

The demo is also the introduction to the story, you're police detective investigating a crime... things get turned around after that and you're the one lurking in the shadows trying to collect evidence to prove your innocence... so the first level is essentially backward from the rest of the game, it really isn't a good example of the game as a whole.

I'd say at least rent it and play through level 3 before you pass judgment. Though IMO the better levels are towards the end: the department store, library, and school are the best levels and they're levels 5, 6, and 7 IIRC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users