• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Lobsterfish18

Lobsterfish18

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 May 2003 - 01:27 AM

Hi all, just hoping someone could help me out here.

I'm having problems networking my xbox to my pc. I have 2 networkk cards installed in my computer, one for my internet and one for the xbox.

Basically, when I use flashFXP to connect, it says this:

Connecting to XBOX
Connected to XBOX -> IP 10.0.0.9 PORT=21
Connection failed (connection lost)

My xbox details are as follows:

Type: static
IP: 10.0.0.9
Line status: 10/half duplex
Use static IP: yes
subnetmask: 255.255.255.0
default gateway: 192.168.0.1 (the same as my computers IP)
ftp: yes
password: xbox

I know the IP is a bit weird, I'm not sure why it's 10.0.0.9 instead of what I think most people have (192.168.0.2) but I don't think I can change this and am not sure if this even makes a difference.

What could the problem be? Why is my xbox connecting then losing the connection about 10 seconds later?

Might it be because I'm using a standard network cable and not a cross-over cable? I'm not sure if my cable is cross over or not, I presume it is, lol.

Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

#2 lebriznon

lebriznon

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,278 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 31 May 2003 - 01:43 AM

well if you're connecting directly from pc to xbox, then you need a crossover cable. Usually, the ends of the cable are clear, and you can see the wires inside. Look at both ends. If the wires are in a different order at one end (some of them are reversed, and some arent), then its crossover.

and change the xbox ip address to 192.168.0.2
do it by going into system settings (on the xbox, duh) and changing the numbers.

#3 dink

dink

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 31 May 2003 - 02:58 AM

I would agree with Lebrizon about the crossover cable. Another way to verify that it is a crossover cable and its working. Check and see if the LINK lights are ON, both the PC and the Xbox. Then make sure you can ping 10.0.0.9

One thing that you did not mention was the IP address of the PC's NIC cards. I assume its 10.0.0.x. like 10.0.0.10 and not 10.0.0.9

It maybe your FTP software, FlashFXP. Try another FTP program, WSFTP or SmartFTP.

#4 Lobsterfish18

Lobsterfish18

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 May 2003 - 12:15 PM

omg, it worked!! Thankyou very much for the advice. smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users