#1 fullmore

fullmore

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 03:33 AM

mad.gif
Way back when, I purchased a pci 6421L card to flash my 360 with xtreme 4.2. Now I am stuck trying to upgrade to 5.3.
I've read every tut I can find and followed every method. I tried just using extreme boot maker and that stopped at xtreme pri master. So I read about the 10 sec trick. Same result. I then went and edited mtkflash from msinfo32. Same result. I searched for a special mtkflashvia.exe that used to work for some. Same result. I switched to another pc. Same result. I swapped to different pci slots. Same. I tried different timing patterns. Same.
pcchips via motherboard
via 6421L which has raid
Any clues?
I do think I used another program last flash; samread?? Could this be it?

#2 STICKY_BUD

STICKY_BUD

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 13 May 2007 - 06:29 AM

sounds like you might be using the wrong sata port. have you tried more than 1 port?

at the moment i do not remember which port specifically and i do not plan to open my case to find out, but i am sure that i had to use a specific port and that i read about that inside a tutorial on this forum.

if you think you have the right port, you can try an 0800 disc on dl media(iso included with xtreme4.2) to get into modeB instead of the badflash method(10sec).

#3 fullmore

fullmore

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 06:41 AM

Only 2 ports on the card; tried both.

I thought mode b was only for ms25 fw?

If not and it works with ms28, i'll try it!

Found old floppy with xbox360sam on it; I kinda remember using that. Also, vaguely i remember having to type a command up and just as I hit enter either I turned on/off the 360. sad.gif

#4 STICKY_BUD

STICKY_BUD

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 06:47 AM

QUOTE(fullmore @ May 12 2007, 11:17 PM) View Post

vaguely i remember having to type a command up and just as I hit enter either I turned on/off the 360. sad.gif

that is the "bad flash method" or "10sec trick" which allows you to bypass the 0800 disc - you need to execute the flash command and the power off the drive before selecting xtreme pri - then power the drive on 10 secs after you select xtreme pri

Edited by STICKY_BUD, 13 May 2007 - 06:47 AM.

#5 jippyuk

jippyuk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 08:18 AM

Does that 0800 disc need to deffo be on a DL disc?

I was having terrible trouble getting my 5.2 patched ms25 sammy to restore back. I read it had something to do with it kinda being like an ms28 so i tried the 10 second tricks etc, nothing worked. Eventually I downloaded that 0800 disc and put on a standard dvdr.

Booted console up, booted pc up, connected sata cable... put 0800 in, waited till i could hear it spinning, tried the mtkflash w /m /sata orig.bin command (think that was what i used, i haven't just done it, i know it worked tho wink.gif )
and it finally read the drive properly and flashed it back to original.

I with either immensly lucky with timing (i.e. the 0800 disc would work on standard dvdr) or it works on a normal disc so no need to waste a DL.

#6 STICKY_BUD

STICKY_BUD

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 07:48 AM

QUOTE(jippyuk @ May 13 2007, 12:54 AM) View Post

Does that 0800 disc need to deffo be on a DL disc?

I was having terrible trouble getting my 5.2 patched ms25 sammy to restore back. I read it had something to do with it kinda being like an ms28 so i tried the 10 second tricks etc, nothing worked. Eventually I downloaded that 0800 disc and put on a standard dvdr.

Booted console up, booted pc up, connected sata cable... put 0800 in, waited till i could hear it spinning, tried the mtkflash w /m /sata orig.bin command (think that was what i used, i haven't just done it, i know it worked tho wink.gif )
and it finally read the drive properly and flashed it back to original.

I with either immensly lucky with timing (i.e. the 0800 disc would work on standard dvdr) or it works on a normal disc so no need to waste a DL.

i do not use 0800 discs, but i am pretty sure that sometime after xtreme4.2, the firmware became able to read 0800 discs on single layer, but the trick is that you have to have the updated firmware first

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users