Pjstaab

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 13 May 2007 - 06:50 AM

Is it ok to hotswap with EvolutionX New HD Setup ISO - v1.4 to get it to start up?

#2 Xiion

Xiion

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 May 2007 - 07:14 AM

my guess is no, but only because when you load up your xbox with a boot disc, such as the evox new hd 1.4 disc, the xbox stores the info of your xbox hdd the minute it detects it, and keeps it in check with the disc, so it may not work at all during a hotswap (changing hd's while the disc is loaded). the only way to get it to do this is through a modchip. that is my guess, and i know the part about the xbox detecting the hd might be wrong... but everything else is correct.

#3 blame canada

blame canada

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,356 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 May 2007 - 01:12 PM

No, the evox new hdd disc only works if your xbox is already modded somehow. To create a new hdd without a mod (thus, hotswapping) then you need xboxhdm (google AND search the forums for the many tutorials and topics on how. Or click the link in my sig)

#4 Pjstaab

Pjstaab

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 13 May 2007 - 06:40 PM

QUOTE(blame canada @ May 13 2007, 07:48 AM) View Post

No, the evox new hdd disc only works if your xbox is already modded somehow. To create a new hdd without a mod (thus, hotswapping) then you need xboxhdm (google AND search the forums for the many tutorials and topics on how. Or click the link in my sig)

ARGH I've tried that many times but I have yet to get it to work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users