4 replies to this topic

#1 PepoFly

PepoFly

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 02:59 PM

Hi all
Sorry if this has been posted before but I have been looking everywhere for some kind of info and none so far. I'm hoping someone can help or point in the right direction.

I got the wireless receiver as soon as it came out and it has lived up to its promise however one of the reasons I wanted to get it was so that I can get rid of my fast media remote from PB. but so far the original software only works with the game pads & headset.

Does anyone know of software that I can install that supports the WGR so that I can use the xbox 360 universal remote on my pc to control any or all aspects I can of my pc. Or if you know of anyone or anyplace on the net that they may be working on this and you can point me there, I will appreciate it.

BTW not running MCE pc.

Thanks in advance for any help.

PepoFly

#2 thombleached

thombleached

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 03:45 PM

The protocols of the WGR and the 360 remote are totally different, so I would imagine, no. Unless I'm mistaken the WGR does not support infra red.

#3 PepoFly

PepoFly

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 May 2007 - 04:12 PM

Thanks for a response

It's funny that you mentioned this because after I wrote this I started thinking that maybe the remote might use ir and controller frequencies, because to control the tv set it would be ir but i thought that the xbox portion would use the range of the controllers. I will read more on this. But if any one knows more please feel free to post.

ThanX

PepoFly

#4 edwinmcdunlap

edwinmcdunlap

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 13 May 2007 - 11:28 PM

thombleached, you are correct, the Wireless Gaming Reciever does not accept IR signals.

You could probably get some sort of USB IR reciever for your PC, but I don't know any details relating to how you would set it up and get it working.

#5 PepoFly

PepoFly

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 03:33 PM

Yup, I just found more detailed info.
Not compatible. I'll just keep my old ir receiver and try and hook up the remote to that and see.

biggrin.gif Thank you both for your input biggrin.gif

PepoFly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users