• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dc_cocknose

dc_cocknose

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 10:27 AM

Ever awake in the morning to realise that today you're going to have to get a train/bus/car, sit in surrounded isolation for several hours to go somewhere you don't particularly want to. Meeting people who don't stop going on about "who's dating who in the celebrity world" or "how their young baby boy looks cute playing air guitar" when basically you couldn't care if they never spoke to you again. Pretending to work for someone who has less respect than a faeces flinging monkey, which could probably get the job done just as well if not better without the smug look on its face. And all this just so when u have some spare time you can afford (just about, once you've taken off all the tax, bills and costs to live) to purchase a new coffee machine so you're full of energy to start again the following day!

Well not today. Today I decided to stay at home and play my luscious xbox (unfortunately my 360 broke a couple of weeks back due to an unfortunate 'unpacking' accident- in other words my girlfriend broke it to prevent me playing in 'our' free time. But she didn't know i have my backup original. Ha). Since I have just moved into a new flat, I now have broadband for the first time ever and can now go online with my xboxes.

But here's the problem. I don't know how? I've had my modified xbox since mid 04. I'm not sure what chip it is and I'm not sure where to look to find out without taking the case off. All i know is it has evolution x and mc/ux dashboards on but that probably wont help. I have the bt home hub and only one ethernet cable so i cannot connect my xbox to the pc and the internet at the same time. I know that you can't go online with the chip on but I don't know how to switch it off either. Is there a way I can get online to play Halo today without going outside and facing reality, and for free as well? Ive probably missed something in the FAQ and guides so I will double check after I've posted this but would appreciate any help or advice anyone has.

Thanks for your time and apologies for any ignorance and for waffling on (I tend to get carried away sometimes)

#2 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 14 May 2007 - 02:08 PM

The BT Home hub is basically an ADSL router. You need another Cat5 Patch cable to plug both into the hub together but for now you can use the one you have plugged into your Xbox.
You really do need to check on the type of mod before going on line so you are going to have to crack the case.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users