danmed

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 8 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 May 2007 - 09:43 PM

OK.

This is weird, and i'm in no way saying this is the fault of the new firmware (or the MS update) as i have no clue whats going on and am leaning more towards a burning problem (but i'm still clueless tbh).

I updated my hitachi 078 using the toolbox 3.1. Perfect everything working
Updated to newest Dash.. everything still good.

i burnt a couple of new games (One brand new one just out, 2 older ones i missed the first time around).

One of them loads but then constantly crashes, the other 2 i get disc read errors while they are trying to boot. I've burnt multiple copies using both the latest Clonecd and latest ImgBurn. but no use.

Everything i've burnt prior to me updating works perfectly. Everything i've burnt since updating either crashes or will not load. Any one else had this happen at any point? I'm doing nothing different. The discs i'm using have now spanned two packs of 10 (as in the last couple from one pack and the first 2 from a new pack) so i'm dubious to say its the discs.

It could be my burner i suppose but i'd expect some sort of errors or buffer problems.

I've double checked i'm burning PAL releases, I've tried the xbox both ways up.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

I'll try a more expensive disc to see if that helps, but then why do all my old burns on exactly the same discs work perfectly (all burnt using the same pc and burner).

I'm using the instructions to burn in the textbook.pdf btw if that helps anyone.

#2 war-nerve

war-nerve

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 110 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 14 May 2007 - 09:53 PM

How are you extracting the discs? Are you using the Kreon Drive method or the WxRipper method? What speed are you writing the discs at?

#3 danmed

danmed

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 8 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 May 2007 - 10:02 PM

Sorry. I should of said, I'm not ripping the images myself. They are downloaded from a reliable source (i say reliable as the are no comments to the contrary and all others have worked).

I generally tell imgburn and clone to burn at 1x but clonecd pretty much makes its own mind up to burn at 2.4x ish.. it vaires but thats the max speed of the discs anyway.

#4 chorizo1

chorizo1

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,883 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 14 May 2007 - 10:04 PM

QUOTE(danmed @ May 14 2007, 04:38 PM) View Post

Sorry. I should of said, I'm not ripping the images myself. They are downloaded from a reliable source (i say reliable as the are no comments to the contrary and all others have worked).

I generally tell imgburn and clone to burn at 1x but clonecd pretty much makes its own mind up to burn at 2.4x ish.. it vaires but thats the max speed of the discs anyway.

Nuff said CLOSED.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users