• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dc_cocknose

dc_cocknose

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 08:44 AM

I'm trying to determine the type of my chip in my xbox and not having the right equipment i cannot remove the case. I have looked at a couple of different guides and noticed some methods of determine the type through the serial code and manufacture date. I have tried to identify mine through these methods but no data can be found.

I am trying to do this to find if and how I am able to switch my chip off in order for me to go online with my xbox. I'm not sure if I need to switch my chip off to access sites like xbox connect or xlink but I'd rather play it safe.

I would appreciate any help anyone could give me on this matter and maybe challenge them to a game of halo afterwards?

My serial code and manufacturing date:
2277433 34505
2003-11-08

Thank you for your time and patience

#2 ItchyB

ItchyB

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 15 May 2007 - 11:59 AM

The version of xbox does not help to work out what chip you have, you will need to lift the lid and have a look. If there are no external switches for the chip the usuall method is length of time you hold the power button in.

What comes up on the screen when it boots up?

#3 Berzerker92

Berzerker92

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:Modding? paintball, sports.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 16 May 2007 - 06:47 PM

if you have xbmc shouldnt it say?

you can have a modded xbox and play on kai or xbconnect, i play on both and mines modded.

i'd play as long as your not using halo cache editor. (i dont use it online either)

Edited by Berzerker92, 16 May 2007 - 06:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users