pug_ster

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 15 May 2007 - 07:54 PM

I was surprised that a good amount of people said that they were actually glad that he was gone. It is not right for someone to threathen, bully or put down anyone who can't embrance Christianity or its ideas. People like him and Pat Robertson has pushed the envelope and put Christianity a bad name by doing that. Now douchebags like Kirk Cameron have a TV show questioning people about their afterlife and claims Christianity is the solution for all your spiritual needs.

After 9/11, Falwell blames gays, abortionists, the ACLU, and other groups for the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks. It is no different from Hitler blaming Jews for Germany's economic ills or the KKK blaming on blacks for their misery. Even moderate republicans like McCain referred him and others as "agents of intolerance." Thank goodness this Hater has kicked the bucket.

#2 throwingks

throwingks

X-S Freak

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 15 May 2007 - 08:31 PM

I heard all that they found at the scene was a handbag and purple fur.

#3 DrPepperFan15

DrPepperFan15

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 May 2007 - 02:58 AM

well he was just one of the thousands of crazy christians.... when i say crazy i mean it such as a guy who is walking down the street with nothing but a sign on him painted with a quote from the bible or something. Someone in my city drives around in this car wih hundreds of stickers from the bible and much more on it, he gets tickets but thats not stopping him... so i guess again one down... thousands to go

edit:purple fur...lol

Edited by DrPepperFan15, 16 May 2007 - 02:59 AM.

#4 throwingks

throwingks

X-S Freak

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 03:39 AM

The guy said and did a lot of things I do not agree with. But, I don't celebrate anyones death. Hopefully, wherever he is now, he will be shown more compassion than he showed others during his life.

He wasn't just a crazy person. He was powerful. He bred more crazy people under the pretense of religion. He fooled people into believing his way was right. I believe he now knows what was/is right.

#5 pug_ster

pug_ster

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 05:38 AM

Yes I agree that Falwell is not mentally crazy. He believed that him and the Christians Rights are on the moral high ground picking on the 'minority' such as gays and abortionists on all the problems in the world. He is more like a divider than a uniter. There was once in the crossroads where I have contemplated about embracing Christianity. However, after watching the garbage in the 700 club, I wonder, can I be like these people and turned away.

I'm sure that there's alot of issues that many democrats and republicans can agree on: drug use, marital affairs, divorce, and other things that plagues Americans and christians alike. If there's any Christians who come out and start combating those issues, I will be a Christian covert as well.

Edited by pug_ster, 16 May 2007 - 05:39 AM.

#6 damam

damam

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:argueing for the sake of arguement alone
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 May 2007 - 11:42 PM

I have actually been really suprised with all the people that have come out calling him a good friend. The most suprising of which is Larry Flynt.

link

a part of the article:

My mother always told me that no matter how much you dislike a person, when you meet them face to face you will find characteristics about them that you like. Jerry Falwell was a perfect example of that. I hated everything he stood for, but after meeting him in person, years after the trial, Jerry Falwell and I became good friends. He would visit me in California and we would debate together on college campuses. I always appreciated his sincerity even though I knew what he was selling and he knew what I was selling.

#7 gronned

gronned

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 12:58 AM

"I believe he now knows what was/is right."

What?

#8 throwingks

throwingks

X-S Freak

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 01:07 AM

QUOTE(gronned @ May 16 2007, 08:34 PM) View Post
"I believe he now knows what was/is right."

What?
There are many who believe, including me, that in the time before and after life, the spirit is all knowing.

#9 gronned

gronned

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 01:10 AM

Ah, religion pop.gif

#10 throwingks

throwingks

X-S Freak

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 01:25 AM

More spirituality than religion. I am not a big fan of classifications. wink.gif

#11 gronned

gronned

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 03:59 AM

Yeah, sure... At least there's some popcorn left.

#12 gcskate27

gcskate27

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,585 posts
  • Interests:video games, prgramming, comps, skateboarding, cooking, taking care of my lizards and dachshund

Posted 17 May 2007 - 04:01 AM

QUOTE(throwingks @ May 16 2007, 08:01 PM) View Post

More spirituality than religion. I am not a big fan of classifications. wink.gif

yet you just corrected a supposed miss-classification... wink.gif

#13 throwingks

throwingks

X-S Freak

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 04:23 AM

gronned, then please tell me, what religion do I fall under?

I was raised Jewish. My wife was raised Baptist. But, neither of us follow either. We are both spiritual and "Love and Respect Ourselves and Others" (See my Sig)

There is a big difference between religious and spiritual. I am not religious, other people may classify themselves as a particular religion. Why? I don't think I will ever understand.

I never thought of religion as something like a favorite college team that you root for, to get into the Rose Bowl.

No religion I have found has the belief system that my wife or I believe in, therefor we don't classify ourselves as anything.

sorry gcskate27, you are correct. I worded that statement wrong. People do classify themselves. Pull themselves away from being grouped into the human race and into a "religion" and feel better about themselves. I do not do that. All people, religious or not, are no better than anyone else. Everyone eats drinks pees and shits. Noone is above anyone else. Especially, people that teach others to feel that they are. E.G. Jerry Falwell

Edited by throwingks, 17 May 2007 - 04:25 AM.

#14 ScrewinGates

ScrewinGates

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 285 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 01 June 2007 - 11:06 PM

my brother is the pastor of revolution Charlotte.he had the opportunity to meet falwell once.falwell told him that him and his people are all going to hell.i wonder where falwells judgmental ass is right now?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users