• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dorme1

dorme1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 07:14 AM

After numerous attempts I think I finally got it right. The deal is though, if I had the new nuts tightened to what I thought felt like a good tension it would work but the fan never kicked into "turbo" mode, even when playing gears, after a few minutes, it'd freeze. So I took some pressure off the nuts and the gpu heatsink appeared to have moved a little, I fired it back up and the fans went into "turbo" mode almost at instantly at start up, and it seems to be working great! (just a little loud) Anyways, can anyone shed a little light as to why the fans are on ALL the time now? Can't wait for my talismoon fan to get here, I have enough confidence I'm going to put the case back on finally once the new fan arrives...oh and a BIG thanks to RBJtech for being a supergenius!

#2 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,791 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 May 2007 - 09:28 AM

If you mean they run ALL the time you have a problem, if you mean they run at the high speed setting all the time then that's still a bad solder joint somewhere on the GPU or CPU causing it.

#3 dorme1

dorme1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 02:28 PM

QUOTE(RDC @ May 16 2007, 10:04 AM) View Post

If you mean they run ALL the time you have a problem, if you mean they run at the high speed setting all the time then that's still a bad solder joint somewhere on the GPU or CPU causing it.

I'm not saying it's right, but it's running fine and running cool...it's running, so I'm happy...so far..maybe I'll just do the 12v mod and tighten it back down...I'm going to wait for another failure before I do that though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users