Photo

Hitachi 47dh + Mode B + Slax Error! Help!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TigerHax

TigerHax

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 May 2007 - 11:53 AM

I'm have a Hitachi 47DH drive and a VIA VT6421 PCI SATA card. I am using SLAX 2.1, as found in Textbook's tutorial. Slax runs through, I get to the login screen, and I soft reset my PC, which takes forever to restart after that, and does not recognize the drive. Sometimes in Slax, it says "SATA Port 1 slow to communicate" or something like that, and a red LED on my computer is on as soon as I get out of slax. I'm pretty sure the LED is an I/O indicator. I am using the latest VIA driver for the SATA card, as updated on their site as of 3/21/07. At this point, I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Can somebody please help me?

#2 mr-blonde

mr-blonde

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 139 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 16 May 2007 - 12:07 PM

try pluging ur sata cable into a different port on your sata card
have you tried ejecting the drive while windows is booting
you can also try when you have the drive in modeb pull the sata cable from the dvd drive then reboot the pc into window then plug the drive back in do not power down the 360 drive

#3 TigerHax

TigerHax

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 16 May 2007 - 07:58 PM

When I press eject when Windows is at the "loading bar" screen, my 360 drive does not physically eject. The button is pressed, the TV shows the drive as "opening," "closing," or "reading disc," but the drive physically stays shut. I've tried both SATA ports on my card, but for the most part, when my 360 drive is connected to my PC, and Slax is not running, I get the red I/O error LED on my PC. I will try the second method you mentioned, though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users