• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dorme1

dorme1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 04:18 PM

I got my new talismoon whisper fan today, it fits *almost* there's about 2 mm it could go in to make the holes on the top of the metal case...anyone else have a problem?...I've tried forcing it a little but it's flush against the exhaust holes on the metal case, I guess it's not that big of a deal, I'm just a bit picky stuff.

#2 grim_d

grim_d

The Grim Gopher

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,483 posts
  • Interests:enjoying life.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 May 2007 - 06:37 PM

some fit perfect, some don't, can't always win laugh.gif

#3 RBJTech

RBJTech

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 714 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 May 2007 - 11:02 PM

take a look at the fan wires on the fan itself - it's a manufacting fault IMO as they pass the wires from the furthest fan (to the power socket) under the first fan - but this needs to sit flush to the metal case. Solution is to route the wires out the back of the fan (there are even the holes for it) past the first fan, and then back in again to rejoin the other wires. The fan will then sit flush in it's little pegs properly and you will have a much better air seal ...

Hope this helps ...

#4 dorme1

dorme1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 04:00 AM

QUOTE(RBJTech @ May 16 2007, 11:38 PM) View Post

take a look at the fan wires on the fan itself - it's a manufacting fault IMO as they pass the wires from the furthest fan (to the power socket) under the first fan - but this needs to sit flush to the metal case. Solution is to route the wires out the back of the fan (there are even the holes for it) past the first fan, and then back in again to rejoin the other wires. The fan will then sit flush in it's little pegs properly and you will have a much better air seal ...

Hope this helps ...

I'll definitely take a look, AFTER I play some halo 3 beta, I thought the wires looked a bit odd, I'm just happy to have a working 360 (thanks to you and all the other peeps who posted their experiences and gave me ideas to try)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users