• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 spacelaser1

spacelaser1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 05:09 PM

I have recently broken my xbox 1.0. I don't know exactly what the problem is. The X3 mod chip smoked a bit and when I try to power it on now, the xbox goes on and off on its own twice and then the power stays on, but there is nothing on the TV screen. If anybody knows what this problem is I am all ears. But my real question is if I got a new modded Xbox, would I be able to use my current harddrive in it? I have well ove 1000 albums ripped on it and I would not want to do that again. Thank you for any help.

#2 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 May 2007 - 05:14 PM

If your HD is unlocked, it won't be a problem. If it is locked, you will need to unlock it. The easiest way to determine if it is locked is connect it to the PC and use atapewd.exe to check it. You can get it from the main page or use it from the Xboxhdm CD.

#3 Espio6690

Espio6690

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 08:34 PM

As far as the X3 smoking, its toast.

#4 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 20 May 2007 - 05:17 PM

Hi,

i would suggest to remove the modchip and see if the xbox boots without it. If your harddisk is unlocked and the xbox hardware still works, you should get a error 6 screen. If it is locked, it will probably come up with another error or the original ms dashboard. This all depends on what is altered on the harddisk c drive.

If your xbox still works, you could install another modchip. You better check all solderings on the LPC bus carefully, as it is not normal that it starts smoking.

If your xbox frags, and your harddisk is locked, you can build a eeprom reader to get your xbox eeprom contents. With this information and the xboxhdm program or even some dos tools, you can unlock your harddisk. Check the liveinfo program. It can calculate the harddisk password with the eeprom.bin file of your xbox. xboxhdm will also do this for you (and unlock it as well)

regards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users