Photo

Enough Crying About The Ban, How About Finding Out How It's Done?

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 walterg74

walterg74

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 91 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 May 2007 - 09:32 PM

Hey everyone, I saw al the "normal" posts (normal in the sense they were bound to start appearing) of all users complaining, and crying about the ban, and giving opinions that don't really add much to this...

Now, I think it would be a good idea to try to determine exactly how M$ is doing this ban.

In my personal case, I have a modded 360, but I have never connected it to the internet yet, so I think it's pretty safe to say that if I revert it, nothing would happen to me personally, as M$ couldn't have been getting info from my console at any time yet.

Now the thing would be to determine exactly how they find out you have a modded console... is it really with the new update? Could they know before with previous updates? Could the updates have nothing to do with it and they just knew all along and only decided to start banning at this moment?

If it's "thanx" to an update... is it the update that checks and reports? Is it the update that has the ability to check at any moment from that point on? Does the update use or install a feature that flags your console as modified somewhere and this flag can be detected anytime?

In my case, I was thinking that since if I restore I should have no problem, to restore, and from that point on, flash whenever I want backups and restore when I want to go only. Yeah, I know it'd be a pain, but at least it would be a solution.

However, since we don't really know how the detection works, I can't be 100% that when I have it flashed, even being offline my console isn't "flagged" somehow and "tattled" to M$ when I go on live again even though I restore my drive before going to live....

So what do you guys think? pop.gif

P.S.: Don't you think it's a good opportunity to start making xlink communities grow even larger and just wave bye-bye to M$ ?

#2 IcyChill

IcyChill

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 10:23 PM

all i know is that i have not put a single backup in my console since the last major update so i dont think they can detect the backups. it must be something else.

#3 Havok

Havok

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 10:31 PM

There have been confirmed reports that playing offline with backups gets you banned when you connect.

#4 IcyChill

IcyChill

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 May 2007 - 10:35 PM

like i said, i have not but a single backup in my 360 since the last update, i havent updated the hacked firmware either.

#5 hamwbone

hamwbone

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,775 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 19 May 2007 - 12:26 AM

There already lots of threads in the technical section of people trying to figure what happened, how it happend and why it happened. People are crying because 95% of the people here don'd know how to find out how it's done. Rest assured, the small part of the populous that knows what to look for began working on it the moment it happened, long before this thread was made.

And your little comment at the bottom saying bye bye to MS just proves what you really are. You say bye bye to them you say bye bye to games getting made. Time to pay up.

muhaha.gif grr.gif

#6 gonz1969

gonz1969

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 03:37 AM

this is just my 2 cents , if have not been banned yet and are thinkin of flashing back to orginal firmware i would also format the HDD and only then try and connect to xbox live ...

#7 walterg74

walterg74

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 04:39 AM

QUOTE(gonz1969 @ May 19 2007, 12:13 AM) View Post

this is just my 2 cents , if have not been banned yet and are thinkin of flashing back to orginal firmware i would also format the HDD and only then try and connect to xbox live ...

True, except even though we don't know how/when the ability to flash was implemented. if it WAS through an update, my console would not have it, since I never connected/updated. Also, come to think about it, it doesn't sound logical either, being that it has been widely reported that people with banned consoles have taken their hdd to non-banned consoles and conected without problems, so nithing would be on the hdd, or so it seems...

#8 Tribis

Tribis

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 May 2007 - 05:14 AM

One theory states that since the Fall update they have been collecting data with jitter detection and are now banning. Something tells me you might be able to take a fresh console, mod it with anti-jitter FW and play no problem.

#9 eyric101

eyric101

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 19 May 2007 - 05:19 AM

QUOTE(Tribis @ May 19 2007, 12:50 AM) View Post
One theory states that since the Fall update they have been collecting data with jitter detection and are now banning. Something tells me you might be able to take a fresh console, mod it with anti-jitter FW and play no problem.

Hmm sounds familier, kinda like the first xbox...deja vu. Should always cite your sources!

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=603903

dry.gif

#10 BrooksyX

BrooksyX

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 19 May 2007 - 07:11 AM

QUOTE(Tribis @ May 18 2007, 09:50 PM) View Post

I actually modded my 360 with a Samsung ms28 for the first time the day when the bans started. I played for a little while on live but I didn't have any backups. Once I found out they were banning 360s I unmodded my drive. I have no problems connecting to live right now.

#11 GamerBR

GamerBR

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 19 May 2007 - 08:37 AM

Just a thought why some people still playing backups and didn't get banned while some people were banned.Maybe people who wasn't banned didn't play any backup WITHOUT stealth patch since the spring update.We can try to get info from some users to see if this theory is a fact.I wasn't banned yet and since the spring update I only played Spiderman 3(stealth patched).

Edited by GamerBR, 19 May 2007 - 08:37 AM.

#12 rick1611

rick1611

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 08:47 AM

I can't give full advice to what console I have but I know it's a Hitachi one and I know it had the firmware going back to November 2006. The reason I don't know full details is because someone patched it for me.

Anyhows, I went on live with my modded 360 yesterday for 4 hours, I downloaded the Forza demo and the Shrek demo. Both downloads completed and both played, not once did I get disconected from live and I'm currently not banned, which leaves me to think that it is one of two things.

1 It's definately the back up disks but I'm not going to put one in as of yet to test that theory.

or

2. They can tell who have changed their firmware since they started collecting the information, I myself have not changed it, updated, etc.

#13 Xplic1T

Xplic1T

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 09:07 AM

QUOTE(rick1611 @ May 19 2007, 01:23 AM) View Post

I can't give full advice to what console I have but I know it's a Hitachi one and I know it had the firmware going back to November 2006. The reason I don't know full details is because someone patched it for me.

Anyhows, I went on live with my modded 360 yesterday for 4 hours, I downloaded the Forza demo and the Shrek demo. Both downloads completed and both played, not once did I get disconected from live and I'm currently not banned, which leaves me to think that it is one of two things.

1 It's definately the back up disks but I'm not going to put one in as of yet to test that theory.

or

2. They can tell who have changed their firmware since they started collecting the information, I myself have not changed it, updated, etc.

Wow so you basically said either the patch works or it doesnt ... hehe

Somebody put in a burned game into an unmodded or unflashed 360

see what happends, i wonder what word came from the guys that are using xbox linux on 360

#14 furball

furball

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 09:26 AM

I havent got a modded 360, and guess what Ive been banned, phoned xbox live up and they told me that I was in violation of the user agreement....I dont play the live content of the games anyway, I like to download the demos. Ive got a mate who has got a modded console and hes happily playing along on his modded console. Ive cancelled my xbox live and in no incertain terms told them I am not paying for something I cannot use.

#15 bricklayer

bricklayer

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 19 May 2007 - 09:57 AM

i updated a hitachi 47, 4 days ago.
i put 16s firmware on it and ive been using it on live with no problems.
but if a ban happens to me ,i dont really care as i can still play my backups.and m$ will have yet another account canceled. dry.gif

i updated a hitachi 47, 4 days ago.
i put 16s firmware on it and ive been using it on live with no problems.
but if a ban happens to me ,i dont really care as i can still play my backups.and m$ will have yet another account canceled. dry.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users