Photo

Enough Crying About The Ban, How About Finding Out How It's Done?

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#16 Prozmonkey

Prozmonkey

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 10:08 AM

ok heres my story ..... flashed hitachi drive with the 5.2 .... i updated the dashboard with no disc in console .... since the update i only went online with ORIGINAL discs ..... Never a back up online .... so people are saying they are detecting burned discs ?????? i never had a back up in mine after the update so unless they were gathering data before the update how did they rumble me .... must be an other way of detecting modded boxes ....i look forwards to someone giving us the answer sad.gif

#17 Steve-0

Steve-0

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  • Interests:putting blue 3mm led's in things that doesn't already have them, cutting holes, oooh oooh and plexi.
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 19 May 2007 - 10:09 AM

has anyone thought that M$ could have sent a firmware update (like how your routers and mobile phones do) on the sly and if your f/w didn't match one on their list you got banned, if so it could be the case of getting a virgin 360 fully updating it THEN flashing as the f/w update would have already been passed? i know if i flash my router with a haxord f/w it will not update i just get an error.

#18 Suffocation AU

Suffocation AU

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 11:44 AM

QUOTE(bricklayer @ May 19 2007, 07:33 PM) View Post

i updated a hitachi 47, 4 days ago.
i put 16s firmware on it and ive been using it on live with no problems.
but if a ban happens to me ,i dont really care as i can still play my backups.and m$ will have yet another account canceled. dry.gif

i updated a hitachi 47, 4 days ago.
i put 16s firmware on it and ive been using it on live with no problems.
but if a ban happens to me ,i dont really care as i can still play my backups.and m$ will have yet another account canceled. dry.gif

hmm yeah. Well one of my mates has all the same firmware and stuff i do and he also didnt play a backup in his console after the update. I did though. He isnt banned and i am. Strange im really looking forward to answers as well it will be very interesting...

#19 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 19 May 2007 - 12:45 PM

QUOTE(furball @ May 19 2007, 10:02 AM) View Post

I havent got a modded 360, and guess what Ive been banned, phoned xbox live up and they told me that I was in violation of the user agreement....I dont play the live content of the games anyway, I like to download the demos. Ive got a mate who has got a modded console and hes happily playing along on his modded console. Ive cancelled my xbox live and in no incertain terms told them I am not paying for something I cannot use.

You don't have to have a modded box to feel the force of the BAN.
People who signed up on false region details etc are also in the firing line.
Pal Europe console with US Marketplace will go , for example.

#20 walterg74

walterg74

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 91 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 May 2007 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE(Chancer @ May 19 2007, 09:21 AM) View Post

You don't have to have a modded box to feel the force of the BAN.
People who signed up on false region details etc are also in the firing line.
Pal Europe console with US Marketplace will go , for example.

Does the country you sign up fore have to match the country you bought the console in? I for example live in Argentina (no official MS distribution), and I know people that play online. My console what bought in the US. Should I choose US to avoid problems, or could I have them anyway? (IF I ever actually do connect to live after all this... biggrin.gif )

#21 TheChairman

TheChairman

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 09:24 PM

QUOTE(GamerBR @ May 19 2007, 09:13 AM) View Post

Just a thought why some people still playing backups and didn't get banned while some people were banned.Maybe people who wasn't banned didn't play any backup WITHOUT stealth patch since the spring update.We can try to get info from some users to see if this theory is a fact.I wasn't banned yet and since the spring update I only played Spiderman 3(stealth patched).

QUOTE(Prozmonkey @ May 19 2007, 10:44 AM) View Post

ok heres my story ..... flashed hitachi drive with the 5.2 .... i updated the dashboard with no disc in console .... since the update i only went online with ORIGINAL discs ..... Never a back up online .... so people are saying they are detecting burned discs ?????? i never had a back up in mine after the update so unless they were gathering data before the update how did they rumble me .... must be an other way of detecting modded boxes ....i look forwards to someone giving us the answer sad.gif

It's not the backed up discs I have four or five freinds that have their 360 modded with a specific chip (I don't want to mention which chip because I don't want M$ to crack that as well) and they are still able to go Live with backed up discs. I played TigerWoods 07 Live on a backup this morning.

Edited by TheChairman, 19 May 2007 - 09:26 PM.

#22 iamthesex

iamthesex

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 10:21 PM

what if.... the newer games had unique ids and sent the info to ms.... it would look strikingly odd if billy was playing off of "the same disc" as 600 other people. I for one played a scene release backup of crackdown and that is the only one I played.

#23 Daddy0

Daddy0

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 10:21 PM

Heres my info if it helps anyone..

Premium 360 bought december 06 with a 28 drive. Flashed in January with firmware 4.2. Then when 5.3 was released re-flashed (Before the update).

Thursday afternoon downloaded halo3 demo (not played) but live was working fine. Friday morning the ban hammer hits..

Now heres the strangest part... I just repaired June 06 console with 3RROD, it also has a flashed drive but no idea what version. What I do know is that its not been connected to the net for weeks due to it being in the dead state.. (Repaired for a friend with the removal of the x-clamps, worked a treat!)

Now I connect my HD to it, when booting it says it needs to update. (No net cable in at this point) Then it restarts. Everything looks fine so connect to the lan and try to connect - No joy.. Its looks as though it didnt even check or attempt to connect to live. (There was no disk in the drive)

Its very confusing... I was going to go out and buy a new core system but now I cant be sure that even that will work.. Any idea's???? (One pointer - I connect my xbox through a lan cable with internet connection sharing on the PC which is inturn connected to a wireless router..)

Also if I get another system can I transfer all my paid for arcade over to it?? (On the repaired box it just comes up with the trial versions..)

#24 Touya

Touya

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 10:38 PM

Its because of the Halo 3 Beta, it was serialized between crackdown disks meaning, say you rented crackdown to get the beta, but someone already made a copy of it, and they downloaded the beta before you did, it is locked to them, meaning anyone who tries to get the halo 3 beta with the same disk, will get banned even though it is the real one.

#25 bootstrapbill

bootstrapbill

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 10:41 PM

QUOTE(furball @ May 19 2007, 10:02 AM) View Post

I havent got a modded 360, and guess what Ive been banned, phoned xbox live up and they told me that I was in violation of the user agreement....I dont play the live content of the games anyway, I like to download the demos. Ive got a mate who has got a modded console and hes happily playing along on his modded console. Ive cancelled my xbox live and in no incertain terms told them I am not paying for something I cannot use.

Wow, you sound at peace even after they banned a legitimate user like you.
Which leads me to believe you had your system modified at one point.

#26 TheChairman

TheChairman

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 10:48 PM

QUOTE(bootstrapbill @ May 19 2007, 11:17 PM) View Post

Wow, you sound at peace even after they banned a legitimate user like you.
Which leads me to believe you had your system modified at one point.

Wow you sure are the critic for you just joining and this being your 1st post!

Edited by TheChairman, 19 May 2007 - 10:49 PM.

#27 bootstrapbill

bootstrapbill

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 10:54 PM

QUOTE(TheChairman @ May 19 2007, 11:24 PM) View Post

Wow you sure are the critic for you just joining and this being your 1st post!

Well I would be furious and demanding my money back/have my xbox unbanned if they did something like that to me.
I guess some people are content with taking it up the arse without much fuss.

#28 TheChairman

TheChairman

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 10:58 PM

QUOTE(bootstrapbill @ May 19 2007, 11:30 PM) View Post

Well I would be furious and demanding my money back/have my xbox unbanned if they did something like that to me.
I guess some people are content with taking it up the arse without much fuss.

All people react differently to different situations. You never know he could have been stoned while he wrote the post. LOL

#29 iamthesex

iamthesex

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 11:27 PM

you still can't play on live due to your greed tongue.gif... So how many of us have played a backup of crackdown downloaded or ripped?

#30 Steve-0

Steve-0

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  • Interests:putting blue 3mm led's in things that doesn't already have them, cutting holes, oooh oooh and plexi.
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 20 May 2007 - 03:16 AM

QUOTE(billysastard @ May 19 2007, 11:41 PM) View Post

Why should we moan if I get banned (which I havnt yet its not a problem) I cant get demos (boo hoo) we download games anyway, we cant get M$ over priced downloaded TV shows or Films in the future (boo Hoo we download them anyway) why should we get the benefits that someone who pays 40 for game and we dowload them for nothing. We knew the risk, we took our chance and on one side we won and on the other we lost and life is in an equal balance as it should be.

WE dont all download games YOU do, So don't categorize US all as pirates as piracy is not tolerated here on the scene!

Edited by Steve-0, 20 May 2007 - 03:17 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users