Photo

Enough Crying About The Ban, How About Finding Out How It's Done?

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#31 Steve-0

Steve-0

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  • Interests:putting blue 3mm led's in things that doesn't already have them, cutting holes, oooh oooh and plexi.
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 20 May 2007 - 10:47 AM

i had a chat with a friend who has NEVER been on live he flashed his firmware recently and he is gonna let me recover my gt on his console and take it on live to see if i get banned, im going with the "finger print" theory, i will post back and let you know the outcome.

#32 batmike1990

batmike1990

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 138 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 May 2007 - 10:48 AM

ive noticed that after the spring update, every game i put into my 360 DEMANDS an update to play on xbl, could this be checking for downloaded games

my 2 cents tongue.gif

#33 jbravo2uk

jbravo2uk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 10:52 AM

Hi im still on xbox live ive still got my firmware from about a year ago,im using a memory card as storage,so fingers crossed i will not be banned. smile.gif

#34 bradmax57

bradmax57

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 10:56 AM

QUOTE(Touya @ May 20 2007, 12:24 AM) View Post

Its not crackdown itself, but the Halo 3 beta that is causeing it, they only made so many copies of it so it is understandable that they would serialize it and make sure it was locked to one person per copy

its got nothing to do with Halo, i nevr got it and still got banned

#35 Touya

Touya

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 11:41 AM

QUOTE(bradmax57 @ May 20 2007, 06:32 AM) View Post

its got nothing to do with Halo, i nevr got it and still got banned

if thats the case its in the updates for the games, I was going by theory since my friend got banned after useing the beta when I already had it.

and the way it seems most people that have played the beta from crackdown have been banned

Edited by Touya, 20 May 2007 - 11:54 AM.

#36 Touya

Touya

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 12:09 PM

If thats the case why would they ban unmodded consoles, well at least that is what they say.

My friend managed to get them say if you bought a new console, it would be just fine so I dont think it would have anything to do with the HDD

Edited by Touya, 20 May 2007 - 12:10 PM.

#37 djtiesto

djtiesto

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 12:51 PM

strange thing...

I wasn't banned, then after 3 days ... bang banned, without playing a single game !!!

Games Recently Played on Live?

No games played on live

only tested a few games.

It was a new console, only had it for 2 months

Flashed with xtreme 5.2c before creating or adding my gametag
-> never played online
-> only played a few games for like 20mins max
-> only played : Virtua tennis 3, nba live 2006,spiderman 3 pal, c&c3, only played a few only ones

I wasn't banned the first few days of when the banning began..; after 3 days, AND I DIDN't PLAY A SINGLE GAME SINCE !!!

So I guess microsoft detects the firmware...

#38 davewho

davewho

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 02:20 PM

ok ive not been banned yet and heres my stats
xbox 360 ms28 drive
xtreme fw 5.3a
flashed before latest patch
and never played crackdown on my profile or xbox
hope this adds a bit of help to finding a solution

#39 Riddlaz

Riddlaz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 03:24 PM

Yup i also got banned like many of you, I'm not complaining though. I was expecting this since the day I modified my 360 about 6 months ago. I decided to take this risk and it happened.

I have a sammy ms28 with Xtreme firmware v.5

I was thinking though, Do you think you'll get another (un-modified) xbox 360 banned from online if you actively use the same profile one it? The profile on which you made all your violations?

What if you load the same gamer profile in a modified and un-modified console via memory card?

I'm just thinking about this because I hear some people with non-modified consoles are getting banned.

Julio C.

#40 Steve-0

Steve-0

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  • Interests:putting blue 3mm led's in things that doesn't already have them, cutting holes, oooh oooh and plexi.
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 20 May 2007 - 03:46 PM

cant seam to backup vegas??? so i been playing GOW with the new maps, the only problem is now im gonna have to get myself another 360 cause i forgot how great live actually was after the death of my true blue (r.i.p.)

sorry i know there was no point in posting that?? blink.gif

#41 DeMoN_DARREN

DeMoN_DARREN

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 20 May 2007 - 04:39 PM

QUOTE(Steve-0 @ May 20 2007, 04:22 PM) View Post

cant seam to backup vegas??? so i been playing GOW with the new maps, the only problem is now im gonna have to get myself another 360 cause i forgot how great live actually was after the death of my true blue (r.i.p.)

sorry i know there was no point in posting that?? blink.gif

LOOK, ssssh. Over the weekend i've been tossing up spend 170 on a new Core to play. I ACTUALLY played with orignals online, but ofcourse as i flashed the drive i was banned, my fault ofcourse. Anyway, i'm trying to get along without lovely...lovely live so don't remind me of its greatness!!! sad.gif

#42 IcemaN22

IcemaN22

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 May 2007 - 05:25 PM

Here is how I got banned from Live, hope it helps:
*Downloaded the Spring update and installed it without problems. PGR3 were in the dvd drive.
*Downloaded Forza Motorsport 2 demo and played that for a while, no problems.
*2 weeks after (today) I started the xbox offline to take out the PGR3 game and then i pluged the internet connection.
* BANNED! unsure.gif
Used Hitachi Birdy 2,2 firmware and played online alot with gold membership.

Edited by IcemaN22, 20 May 2007 - 05:28 PM.

#43 xa-rev

xa-rev

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 07:14 PM

hi guys id like to put my two penneth in if i may
it seems everyone is focused on when you flashed your firmware IE b4 going on xbl and it almost holds water except it fails people who have flashed b4 live have been banned obviosly for playing backups !

people who flashed mid live (whilst on it ) are still on live imo it isnt when you flashed.

could it be stealthed maybe its stealth f/w tied into when you flashed

my opinion is the above steath tied into when you flashed and what back ups if any you have played on xbl
if you look on a proper xbox 360 dvd near the middle edge youl see bar codes (anti piracy measures )
whilst m$ havent implemented this in the past tie that into the spring update
the xbox now read dvds tells you the name of the game whats in the tray.
so obviosly how xbox reads a game had changed how hard would it be for m$ to drop in a code to see if your backup has a barcode enabled disc in . ?

further more people being banned arnt giveing a list of what back up games have been played maybe the anti piracy checkup bar code thing is only done on top tenb titles ? i founfd it odd there seemed to always be a dam update for a game all the time graw being 1 of them .

id like to ask for a new thread being made thats locked to titled post

post 1:did you flash b4 live with stealth and been banned what 5 back ups games was most played
post 2: did you flash b4 live unstealthed and not banned what 5 back ups games was most played
post 3: did you flash b4 live unstealthed not played back ups and still on live
post 4: did you flash b4 live steathed not played back ups and banned
post 5: did you flash mid xbl stealthed and not played back ups and still on live
post 5: did you flash mid xbl stealthed and played back ups and still on live
and the list goes on lock the thread once done and only allow post to be made in the new topics !

suggestion to admin lock new sign ups to stop spread of missinformation

hope this helps

btw i have a friend who flashed mid xbl never played a back up and still on as of 5 hours ago
i belive its anti piracy and there looking at a list of top 10 games for now
hope this post helps and works out trawling through random ban of how they got banned in 1 post is tireing

#44 nsegative

nsegative

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 07:32 PM

From irc:
c4eva: Xtreme Online fw to come - DO NOT ASK ETA & ONLY for NEW or NOT BANNED boxes

#45 rollups

rollups

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 07:53 PM

OK
1st 360
hitachi47d with f/w 2.3 flashed at xmas
played loads of games inc tested backup of crackdown
flashed during mid term of xbl.
banned