X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 July 2007 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE(AucardThe3rd @ Jul 1 2007, 01:38 PM) View Post
hey again Frosty, i have tried your dual boot vga softmod and it worked but I'm running into a problem, the problem is that i can't get to the ms dashboard anymore, it just freezes when i try it, and i could not completely copy over the shadowc.img to the c drive, I'm testing this mod on the original hd in the box witch is only 8gb so I'm wondering because the drive is so small, i think that theres no more room on the c drive to put that file in there and thus is causing my problem, does that sound right, or I'm i missing something?

I've actually seen this issue before, a friend of mine pointed it out to me. It seems to be related to how the mod is originally installed. (Example: using Splinter Cell instead of Mech Assault, etc.), the fix is to boot with my Rescue Disc, FTP into your XBOX, and TOTALLY wipe everything off your C and E drives (although you might want to back up your TDATA and UDATA directories first), and then re-transfer my VGA Softmod over to the C and E drives again.

Using my Rescue Disc is the safest way to install my VGA Softmod. (Although Splinter Cell/Mech Assault/AUF usually work fine too.) happy.gif

NOTE: The 'shadowc.img' file actually contains the Microsoft Dashboard, which is why it isn't working at the moment. happy.gif

Edited by FrostyTheSnowman, 01 July 2007 - 10:43 PM.

#17 AucardThe3rd

AucardThe3rd

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 02 July 2007 - 03:40 AM

QUOTE(FrostyTheSnowman @ Jul 1 2007, 03:13 PM) View Post

I've actually seen this issue before, a friend of mine pointed it out to me. It seems to be related to how the mod is originally installed. (Example: using Splinter Cell instead of Mech Assault, etc.), the fix is to boot with my Rescue Disc, FTP into your XBOX, and TOTALLY wipe everything off your C and E drives (although you might want to back up your TDATA and UDATA directories first), and then re-transfer my VGA Softmod over to the C and E drives again.

Using my Rescue Disc is the safest way to install my VGA Softmod. (Although Splinter Cell/Mech Assault/AUF usually work fine too.) happy.gif

NOTE: The 'shadowc.img' file actually contains the Microsoft Dashboard, which is why it isn't working at the moment. happy.gif

ah ic so i should have done the following

1. softmod the box in general so i can use your rescue disk
2. use your rescue disk
3. recopy your vga mod back into the xbox
4. kick back with a slurpe and enjoy

ah so due to the fact that only about half of the file was copyed over the ms dashboard can't load and thus i get the freeze. I see i will try it again but i'm going to wait until i get the bigger hd that i want before continuing. thanks Frosty!

#18 FrostyTheSnowman

FrostyTheSnowman

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 06:36 AM

QUOTE(AucardThe3rd @ Jul 1 2007, 09:16 PM) View Post

ah ic so i should have done the following

1. softmod the box in general so i can use your rescue disk
2. use your rescue disk
3. recopy your vga mod back into the xbox
4. kick back with a slurpe and enjoy

ah so due to the fact that only about half of the file was copyed over the ms dashboard can't load and thus i get the freeze. I see i will try it again but i'm going to wait until i get the bigger hd that i want before continuing. thanks Frosty!

Yes, unfortunately it is kind of a drawn-out process. However, most people that are using my VGA Softmod are usually switching from NDURE or another softmod anyway, so it's not usually such a process. happy.gif

But, you CAN use my VGA Softmod with XboxHDM if you like. (in conjunction with your 'eeprom.bin' file) So when you upgrade your HDD, you can simply use XboxHDM to prepare your hard drive with my VGA Softmod. pop.gif

#19 sucht

sucht

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 18 July 2007 - 04:38 AM

hi me has a question smile.gif

i realy love my UnleashX Dashboard since day 1 and i want to keep it, can i?
or do i have to switch to some else if i use your Dual-Boot VGA Softmod v1.0?

thanks in advance
sucht

Edited by sucht, 18 July 2007 - 04:39 AM.

#20 FrostyTheSnowman

FrostyTheSnowman

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 06:36 AM

Just backup the directory for your current dashboard (UnleashX, Avalaunch, etc.), and delete the files in '/E/Dashboard' in my softmod and replace them with the ones from your old dashboard backup.

And your set! happy.gif

#21 sucht

sucht

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 10:38 AM

Thank you very much, u made my day worthwile, i can use VGA and my UnleashX dash.

thank you.

Thanks and bye
sucht

Edited by sucht, 18 July 2007 - 10:39 AM.

#22 sucht

sucht

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 02:57 AM

hi and hello smile.gif

i've installed ur application and run into some minor problems, my Dash is wayyyyyyy to dark, and games seems ok so far(the ones i've tested) but have the green screen problem, they are mostly PAL games, could this be the problem? the only NTSC game i tested so far is called "Black" and it also has the Green Screen problem.

for my setup: i have a PAL Box v.1.1 switched to NTSC, with ur Softmod running at 720p, i've tryed 480p also and my Dash seems ok, but also have the Green Screen Problem(games also, the same i tryed on 720p), 1080p is a no go.

hope for help.

Thanks in Advance
sucht

(edit: sorry for my bad englisch, and i hope u can understand the stuff i wrote up there)
(edit2: i forgot to mention i've used the 680k-Ohm resistor, and the only other one i have here is a 340k-Ohm resistor)

Edited by sucht, 20 July 2007 - 03:15 AM.

#23 FrostyTheSnowman

FrostyTheSnowman

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 07:24 AM

It sounds like you didn't install my softmod properly.

To install my softmod, boot your XBOX using my Rescue Disc, and wipe your 'C' and 'E' drives completely, and then copy the files from the 'C' folder in my softmod to the 'C' folder on your XBOX, and do the same for the 'E' folder too.

Now boot up your XBOX using the eject button and it should work properly.

NOTE: If you had a softmod before you installed my softmod and you used Enigmah's PAL/NTSC switcher to make your system an NTSC system, then it did not work. Enigmah's PAL/NTSC switcher is not compatible with softmods.

#24 sucht

sucht

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 07:31 AM

if its not compatible, what software can i use besides the enigmah? smile.gif

ohh and i'll try to install your softmod again, and this time a bit slower and with a cup of coffee smile.gif

thanks and i'm very sorry that i steal some of your time.

thanks and ciao
sucht

#25 sucht

sucht

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 08:48 AM

i have done what you said and this time slower maybe i've done it to fast and forot something, but now all i get is a message that tells me somthing like to "Send in my Xbox for service" and nothing works at all sad.gif

ciao
sucht

#26 sucht

sucht

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 09:22 AM

sorry have forgotten to lock the drive again sad.gif
but now it starts without the message but there is no Dash not ur's not the original MS just a black screen sad.gif

if i load a original Game then it starts but with a black screen, has this somthing to do with this PAL -> NTSC thing?

ciao
sucht

(edit: have tried it with composite and i can see the game in black and white and ther i can see this message again if i don't run a original game:( )

Edited by sucht, 20 July 2007 - 09:37 AM.

#27 FrostyTheSnowman

FrostyTheSnowman

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 01:32 PM

Sounds like the softmod is installed properly now, but your VGA cable might not be in the right mode.

What diagram did you use to build your VGA cable?

#28 sucht

sucht

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 01:55 PM

http://www.360mods.n...cle/sid=32.html that tutorial i have used to build a vga kabel.

it's the one from your readme smile.gif

ciao
sucht

ps: atm i have a problem with my dvd drive its not reading any DVDs, i hope i can get a new one sad.gif

#29 FrostyTheSnowman

FrostyTheSnowman

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 04:53 PM

I think your XBOX is still in PAL mode. Until you switch your machine over to NTSC in the 'real' eeprom, (softmods don't use the real eeprom, which is why Enigmah's doesn't work with them) you won't be able to use my softmod.

However, I do have another option for you if you like... you could beta test my new Rescue Disc, v1.1, which has the ability to switch NTSC/PAL with both softmods and modchips.

Let me know if you are interested in trying it.

EDIT: Oh wait, you just said that your DVD drive doesn't work... you won't be able to use my Rescue Disc without a working DVD drive... do you have a spare PC DVD-ROM drive laying around that you could use? (if you leave the yellow plug connected to your faulty DVD drive, you can connect the IDE cable to a PC DVD-ROM drive and use that instead for burned games/applications discs.)

Edited by FrostyTheSnowman, 20 July 2007 - 04:55 PM.

#30 sucht

sucht

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 05:34 PM

i have it up and running thanks to You smile.gif

this Enigmah was the problem sad.gif

but now its ok so far a bit to bright but its better than before smile.gif

the funny thing is if i start up my box with eject then i have no green screen at all, but a bit to bright picture, and when i use the power button to start up my box then i have the green screen problem but the picture is ok, not to bright and not to dark.

i truly thank You for pointing me in the right direction smile.gif

thanks
sucht

ps: sorry for my bad englisch

(edit: i would if i could but i have no spare drive sad.gif but thanks for asking me to betatest, i think it will work just great)

Edited by sucht, 20 July 2007 - 05:42 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users