Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 17 February 2010 - 01:39 AM

Use xboxhdm 1.9 or xboxhdm 2.1 to get access to the disk. Then try unlocking it with atapwd or mhdd and one of the master passwords.

Yes, you will get error 6 with a disk locked to another motherboard.......

Edited by Heimdall, 17 February 2010 - 01:40 AM.

#62 Kickbut101

Kickbut101

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 01:48 AM

See thats just it, where is XboxHDM? I can't find what folder its in in "The Usual Place". I have looked over the database filesystems like 5 times!! maybe I'm just a tard, is there this secret folder with all these wonderfull programs that I'm just unaware of? and btw thank you for helping me =D

#63 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 02:05 AM

xboxhdm 1.9
xboxhdm 2.1

#64 FuRcht

FuRcht

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 09:53 PM

Hello guys,

i tried the vga softmod, but after deleting and copying via ftp i got an service error. Used the rescuedisc to ftp onto the box. Don't know whats wrong. Rescued via chimps from orig.-hdd.

With vga bios loader everything works fine, but i really want the vga softmod. Got a 1.5 softmodded xbox with softmod installer deluxe. Think the Problem is, that my softmod doesnt have a shadowc drive? dont know. would be nice if someone could help me.

Another point is, that my box doesnt have a drive G with the x2 bios from bios loader, only a drive F in size of F+G and i cant access my files. Any idea how i can get F and G back when running x2 bios from frostys vga bios mod?

many thanks!

#65 ldotsfan

ldotsfan

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,100 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 August 2010 - 03:08 AM

Use Kingroach's Ndure 3.1 for VGA support instead. Select RGB in the menu.

#66 FuRcht

FuRcht

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 05:35 PM

thanks for your answer, got it now with newest version of "softmod installer deluxe ". Maybe someone can up newest version on xbins or delete the old one, because it sucks smile.gif.

I also have the problem, that my LCD needs RGB-softmod and my Beamer wants the HD-softmod. Because of that i installed the RGB-Softmod, and took the "metoo-m8plus-v1.4.1" BFM to load with pbl (moidfied the partition table of the bios, because of my problem with drive F and G described above), which works with my beamer (compaq mp3800). Now everything rocks smile.gif.

My last Problem is, is there a possibility to run games in 720p with the vga softmod? (e.g. halo 2). And does someone know why my beamer doesn't like the 480p signal?

#67 mukuro

mukuro

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 06:13 AM

QUOTE(ldotsfan @ May 27 2008, 03:44 PM) View Post

Change the network settings to Static. Configure your PC's IP address to the same subnet: 192.168.0.2.

What does that exactly mean : "Configure your PC's IP address to the same subnet".Please give some more detailed info.

Frosty's Rescue Disc cold boots fine but for the life of me i can't change the ip it appears on T.V. : 0.0.0.0;

I looked everywere on the forums and i don't understand why the changhes i make in in the "settings" submenu on Frosty's disc won't remain saved (they change as they were once i leave the settings/info scrreen).

Do they have anything to do with me trying to ftp.

What does it take for me to ftp using Frosty's disc namely changeing the ip from that dreaded 0.0.0.0.

The temperatures appear on screen so i don't have a v 1.6 Xbox.

Please help me, i'm starting to lose any hope here...

#68 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 10:23 AM

The settings aren't saved because you are running from DVD, which is read-only, so Evox can't write to the settings file. It has nothing to do with trying to run FTP.

Same subnet: the first 3 numbers in the IP address should be the same, only the last number should be different e.g. if your PC is 192.168.1.65 then your Xbox should be set to 192.168.1.x, where X is any number between 2 and 253 apart from 65.

Temperatures will appear on the screen with a 1.6 Xbox, so your deduction about not having a 1.6 Xbox is incorrect. Having said that, it makes absolutely no difference - Frosty's Rescue disc works on all Xbox versions.

The problem might be the cable you are using to connect to the Xbox, or possibly the network port on the Xbox might be broken. When you plug the cable in, is the green LED above the network port lighting up? If not then check the connection at both ends of the cable, or try a different cable. If you are connecting your Xbox directly to your PC then you might need a crossover cable.

Once you are seeing the green LED then you have two options to make your system work as you want it to:

1. Connect your Xbox and PC to a network with a DHCP server. With a broadband network connection you just plug the Xbox and PC into your broadband router.

2. Unpack the Frosty's Rescue disc iso with Qwix on your PC. Edit evox.ini to give it a fixed IP address (change it from StaticIP = No to StaticIP = x.x.x.x where x.x.x.x is the IP address you want), then remake the iso with Qwix, and burn that to DVD-R.

#69 mukuro

mukuro

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 12:02 PM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Aug 14 2010, 10:23 AM) View Post

The settings aren't saved because you are running from DVD, which is read-only, so Evox can't write to the settings file. It has nothing to do with trying to run FTP.

Same subnet: the first 3 numbers in the IP address should be the same, only the last number should be different e.g. if your PC is 192.168.1.65 then your Xbox should be set to 192.168.1.x, where X is any number between 2 and 253 apart from 65.

Temperatures will appear on the screen with a 1.6 Xbox, so your deduction about not having a 1.6 Xbox is incorrect. Having said that, it makes absolutely no difference - Frosty's Rescue disc works on all Xbox versions.

The problem might be the cable you are using to connect to the Xbox, or possibly the network port on the Xbox might be broken. When you plug the cable in, is the green LED above the network port lighting up? If not then check the connection at both ends of the cable, or try a different cable. If you are connecting your Xbox directly to your PC then you might need a crossover cable.

Once you are seeing the green LED then you have two options to make your system work as you want it to:

1. Connect your Xbox and PC to a network with a DHCP server. With a broadband network connection you just plug the Xbox and PC into your broadband router.

2. Unpack the Frosty's Rescue disc iso with Qwix on your PC. Edit evox.ini to give it a fixed IP address (change it from StaticIP = No to StaticIP = x.x.x.x where x.x.x.x is the IP address you want), then remake the iso with Qwix, and burn that to DVD-R.

After a long night sleep the first thing i did was to slap my forehead hard, thinking : "Boy you're stupid."The settings aren't saved because you are running from DVD, which is read-only, so Evox can't write to the settings file.""

Then, and i assure you this IS the truth, i thought about unpacking Frosty's disk, as i did this with countless iso games (xiso more precisely), and trying to change the evox.ini "to give it a fixed IP address".
Now, "x.x.x.x is the IP you want" means my xbox IP right, wich i know, fortunately;THAT IP right?(i sound like a 5 year old stupid kid, i know unsure.gif )

I have FTP ed games to my hdd before so there are no pbs with the crossover cable or the network port on the Xbox as the green LED is lighting up, and i just checked the connection-it works.

I have mapped a network place on my computer to my Xbox so there is a direct link through the crossover cable 'tween my Xbox and my comp (with win xp professional as OS).

Thank you so much for your time.

And Victory!!!Now i can change the dash and experiment my sanity to hell...

Edited by mukuro, 14 August 2010 - 12:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users