Darth753

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 May 2007 - 06:34 PM

I'll be setting up a few Xboxes for a Killtrocity LAN tomorrow, and their owners are not mod-experienced. Instead of taking the time to explain all the do's and dont's of a modded Xbox, I'd rather just add unsigned code functionality and leave it at that. Thus, if I set them up to boot to the regular MS dash no matter what (no dual boot), they should in theory be able to run Killtrocity discs but the owners won't physically be able to do anything to mess up their Xboxes.

1) This is a sound concept, right? If nkpatcher is used as part of the softmod process, then as long as the kernel remains patched the Xbox will run any .xbe no matter what it's lauched from? I'm 99.9% sure about this, just need confirmation.

2) To make the MS dash default, I just need to shove a copy of the .xbe in the default dash folder on the E drive like with any other dash? I'm worried that it will try to look for resources locally instead of (Shadow) C:\

Cheers

#2 deadparrot

deadparrot

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,300 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 May 2007 - 07:58 PM

QUOTE(Darth753 @ May 19 2007, 07:10 PM) View Post

1) This is a sound concept, right? If nkpatcher is used as part of the softmod process, then as long as the kernel remains patched the Xbox will run any .xbe no matter what it's lauched from? I'm 99.9% sure about this, just need confirmation.

2) To make the MS dash default, I just need to shove a copy of the .xbe in the default dash folder on the E drive like with any other dash? I'm worried that it will try to look for resources locally instead of (Shadow) C:\

Cheers

1) Yes.
2) No. The MS Dash requires support files and to be run from C:\ (AFAIK). The best way to do it is to use the XBE Shortcut Maker to make an XBE which points to C:\xboxdash.xbe (provided shadowC is running with a full MS Dash). Put the shortcut XBE in the dash folder.

#3 Richtopia

Richtopia

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 August 2007 - 05:48 PM

i have a softmod Xbox and i made my MSdash a default by going to SID main menu install the softmod and install and adash like evox or unleash and the patch5960 all onthe C drive it will install the MSdash for you on the C drive then go back to the SID menu by leving the tray open and goto file manager there you should see all your stuff in the C drive now if you see any thing with evoxdash.xbe on it delet it and rename MSdash.xbe to evoxdash.xbe now you should have you MS dash as default you can play dvds backup games i dont know if you can use XBOXLIVE
the down fall is that you will not have your F and G drive to get back to a Softmoded dash just open the tray and insall you softmoded dash on to E now with filemanager goto E drive rename the evoxdash.xbe to default.xbe then hit a on that new default.xbe that you made it will take you to unleash or evox dash i hoped this helped you have fun

Edited by Richtopia, 02 August 2007 - 05:55 PM.

#4 Movax

Movax

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 03 August 2007 - 05:57 PM

QUOTE(deadparrot @ May 19 2007, 03:34 PM) View Post

The best way to do it is to use the XBE Shortcut Maker to make an XBE which points to C:\xboxdash.xbe (provided shadowC is running with a full MS Dash). Put the shortcut XBE in the dash folder.

Alternate suggestion: Another option is use the team xbmc shortcut xbe/cfg. Get it with any t3ch release of XBMC. Rename the files default.xbe, default.cfg. Edit the default.cfg (text file) to point to the file you wish to load on boot.
Easy to change (via FTP) in the future.

#5 ylanday69

ylanday69

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 11:17 PM

lol i couldent resist this thread... call me oldschool, but the best thing to do if u want the default xbox dash is simply nothing. its already the default dash even after modding. make urself a lil boot disc for ftp and such, or better yet install one of the thc dashboards they r just like ms dash anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users