#1 total_ass

total_ass

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,000 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 19 May 2007 - 08:45 PM

Wow i haven't been here in like 2 years.........

Anyway, i modded a 360 for a friend of mine with the xtreme52 firmware using xtremebootmaker. (Don't give a crap about XBL btw) I followed this guide

http://www.360mods.n...al/Textbook.pdf

Unfortunately i was forced to do it from a floppy, but it seemed to go fine.

We decided to try his originial Gears of War disc. It loaded fine and i went to turn off the console. Here though i did something unbelievably noobish and i lifted the dvd drive whilst the disc was still spinning, it made a grinding noise which really sounded quite bad. I examined the disc after and the transparent plastic ring in the center of the dvd now has somewhat of a fracture.

After putting it back together i turned it back on with it still fully functional, the game loaded and we played Gears of War for a bit. After about 5-10 mins it froze and I was forced to turn the system off with the power button. Then we were able to play for about 30 mins before it happened again.

He left the 360 here for me to 'playtest' (heh i dont actually own one), and i stayed up playing Gears of War, after about an hour it did it again, and has done it today after about 15 mins.

This is the only disc he has left here, and we currently are not in possession of any DL media in order to make a backup of it to test.

Q: Any chance that this is anything other than the damage done to the disc, why would it play for a bit and then crash at random time intervals instead of freezing consistently at the same part of the game?

Is it possible damage to the drive was done in that brief second?

Thanks in advance and its good to see some people have ranked up a huge post count over two years tongue.gif

#2 total_ass

total_ass

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,000 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 09:37 PM

bump. help would be appreciated guys.

#3 total_ass

total_ass

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,000 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 09:48 PM

bump one last time sad.gif

#4 myfranco

myfranco

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 May 2007 - 01:20 AM

It's not so easy to say that either dvd drive or the game is defective.You better test it with other games and the problem goes on,you can buy a new lens from Ebay.It's about $25

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users