sayguh

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 May 2007 - 03:44 AM

Ok so, weird problem. I have my normal bios set to boot with the xenium light blue. So you know I turn on the xbox the light goes through some quick colors and then hits blue and the xbox boots correctly. Occasionally (about every 2 months) it will boot and go through the quick colors but stop at GREEN and the xbox will not turn on. It'll just sit there. It will turn on if i turn it off and then back on again. After a few days of this it won't turn on and will only frag.

So every 2 months or so I have to open my xbox and hit the recovery switch and fix things for the next month or two. I know I really should try and use a different bios, and a different dash, but I'm lazy and wanted to hear what you guys had to say.

The other thing I was thinking of trying was just softmodding it and I herd that was really easy if u already had a chip installed, what's everyones opinion.

#2 CJLee89

CJLee89

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 20 May 2007 - 05:03 AM

what do you mean by your 'normal bios'? is this the retail or modded bios?

try using the x2 5035 as your modded bios.

try actually performing a recovery. obtain the recovery file and FTP it to the root of E drive. then hit recovery from the OS menu. make sure the switch is covering the black dot on the chip.

Edited by CJLee89, 20 May 2007 - 05:04 AM.

#3 sayguh

sayguh

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 06:37 PM

My normal bios is Indie Bios (Latest version) and i've done the recovery many times (every 2 months), i have the recovery file on my hard drive and it is the most up to date. I'm currently trying to figure out how to softmod using my chip. I need to get slayers I think b/c i think I deleted my MS dash.

#4 CJLee89

CJLee89

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 20 May 2007 - 10:40 PM

why would you softmod your xbox with a chip already in it? you will just be wasting $70 on the chip.

change to the x2 5035 bios and use that.

how are you performing a recovery?

#5 blame canada

blame canada

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,356 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 May 2007 - 10:55 PM

Try soldering it in, maybe a bad connection between the lpc holes and the adapter are what keep causing it to corrupt the OS.

#6 sayguh

sayguh

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 03:01 AM

yeah, I figure it's a bad connection corrupting the chip, hence the softmod option. And I'm recovering in the obvious ways as i pointed out in the original post. I'll use the recovery option in the OS when I can but most of the time I have to open it up and hit the recovery switch. The recovery file is on the hdd.

I'm still working on the softmod, didn't work with nkpatcher's normal install. Did basic and it worked, then when i tried to replace the dash with XBMC it didn't work. So i'll play with it in the morning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users