• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#31 Again

Again

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 03:05 PM

I'm still not banned (flashed mine two weeks before the last update). Is is wise to leave the internetcable unplugged and wait for the new firmware?

Respect for C4eva btw! biggrin.gif

#32 pr0ph3t-

pr0ph3t-

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 03:16 PM

QUOTE(Again @ May 20 2007, 04:41 PM) View Post

I'm still not banned (flashed mine two weeks before the last update). Is is wise to leave the internetcable unplugged and wait for the new firmware?

Respect for C4eva btw! biggrin.gif

Yeah that would be wise, atleast dont put in any backups when you have the inet cable plugged in.

#33 jeffek

jeffek

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 May 2007 - 03:26 PM

i give up ..
i am really just tired of trying to beat microsoft
flash this
patch that
stealth and everything else

it really is getting anoying
all i wanted to do was protect my disks .. same as backup up my computer stuff

you win microsoft ... mad.gif

ps mabey we should all stop using live and start a list of how much microsoft is loosing

or just buy another xbox lol

#34 rgtaa

rgtaa

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 03:30 PM

would any type of factory reset help? Are there codes that would or could remove any stored stuff on motherboard.

would any type of factory reset help? Are there codes that would or could remove any stored stuff on motherboard.

#35 sosotiit

sosotiit

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,034 posts
  • Interests:Techno gadgets and espresso coffee
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 20 May 2007 - 03:50 PM

MANY POSTS REMOVED, NO DISCUSSION ON USING BACKUP ON LIVE

No more warning on this

#36 rgtaa

rgtaa

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 03:55 PM

Is there anything on motherboard that could be removed and put back that would remove all past info stored on it. Like battery on PC motherboard that removes stored info on PC.

#37 Hercules Man

Hercules Man

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 05:00 PM

BRING ON Iextreme i say, and i for sure will be the first one to flash my new bought box, think we are giving up that easy, ha, no way ms, i have a bee in my bonet, and you know why? why is because i have backup up and used 2 copies of games in my box which i have purchased and have the reciepts for and i have been BANNED. You cannot tell me i cannot backup my own games and play them to prevent scratching my purchased games, and then ban me and tell me in your famous blue screen of death that you have banned me to protect other users from hackers and the like, lol i never heard such bs in all my life. thats why this war will continue, and when we have the last laugh, old bill gay'ts might leave us alone.

peace, c4e let it roll

Edited by Hercules Man, 20 May 2007 - 05:01 PM.

#38 DeMoN_DARREN

DeMoN_DARREN

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 20 May 2007 - 05:19 PM

QUOTE(eyric101 @ May 20 2007, 01:14 PM) View Post

Its too random and I believe that Microsoft is rolling out slowly. I am still online but my day is comming.

This guys got it. I was fine up until this morning and whamo. It will get you people, the only people i reckon who will maybe (and this is a VERY VERY loose maybe) are the flash out of box people, but even then its iffy

What pisses me off if i only used orginals online ever, and wish somehow we ended up with that situation (like xbox1) again. Pirates don't fund gaming, thus why let them use live? I bought my games and would have loved to continued to use live. But i flashed, i know, i suck, i deserve it

And sorry to the people who are waiting for a new release, new firmware, whatever, if indeed you flash out of box and security check two comes along, WHAM, you have to update firmware and if thats true, Mircosoft will probably know

Also, i am very worried about the amount of "first poster" info going. I know a growing scene is nice, but its also potentially dodgy info which gives "us" a bad rep. Advice, listen to mods and read stickies.

Errrm, last..... I will miss you Halo 3 beta, atleast i can use it on my mates xbox, i knew refusing to flash his drive would work out......

#39 sosotiit

sosotiit

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,034 posts
  • Interests:Techno gadgets and espresso coffee
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 20 May 2007 - 05:43 PM

MANY POSTS REMOVED, NO DISCUSSION ON USING BACKUP ON LIVE

as previous waring was not understood,
some posts removed, sanction served for all discussing Backups on Live or use of illegal copies

#40 crashoverraid

crashoverraid

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 05:57 PM

i am very curious what C4eva found out.. and what kind of protection he is doing in the next FW...
Glad I did not flashed my drive yet!! wanted to do it a long time ago.. but didn't have time (busy with school)
now I wanted do to it in the vacation (1 june I have vacation) but i think i wait a few weeks and hopefully C4eva have found some way(s) to make the detection harder!!

#41 Chigawaa

Chigawaa

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 May 2007 - 06:45 PM

Hey guys I have listed below a Quote from Garyopa on another forum discussing this same subject, thought you might be interested.

Quote from: mcmanic on Today at 11:01:37 AM
back on topic, so anybody "in the know" can they deny or confirm OP

Quote from: garyopa on Today at 12:28:22 PM
It is true, but some major points:

#1: Don't ask for ETA - (timeframe)
#2: Forgot about UNBAN - (efuses,encryption) - Just buy another console
#3: Don't ask about features, drive support - It may or may not be the same as before.

And LAST, "Welcome to the new LIVE"

You will all just have to get used to the FACT that M$ WILL and HAVE done changes,
nothing you can do will take you BACK-IN-TIME, enjoy the YEAR of fun you had.

#42 newbie_x

newbie_x

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 06:54 PM

well i have my personal thoughs about this topic... and the release of a new FW to allow ppl to play on live in a supposed "safe" mode...

Sorry i really think that if someone release a "SUPOSSED" secure FW to play on live, that gonna be 100% USELESS cause... we never ever gonna know if that FW gonna be really SECURE.

So i think that they need to release that new FW / or Method and a way to UNBAN all the BANNED units!!! cause that gonna be the only way that the ppl can really test the new FW, cause if all are banned again they can be unbanned with the UNBAN method.

So i think that a new FW gonna be USELESS if is not RELEASED a way to UNBAN the fucked units sad.gif

And the final question is how many tests and what kind of tests are enough to claim and said to everyone of us that the new FW gonna be 100% safe to play online in live and we are not gonna be BANNED again?

Im really see it very difficult...

Sorry, but is my though

I hope, they find out a solution, soon.

We must find the way of... or change the console ID, or change the MAC Address of the netowrk adaptor, we need to be able to change the Way that m$ banned 360s.

Edited by newbie_x, 20 May 2007 - 06:57 PM.

#43 NCspecV81

NCspecV81

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 07:52 PM

QUOTE(Blackbolt @ May 20 2007, 06:32 AM) View Post

If you are banned, you are BANNED. Not turning your 360 on won't help you at all. I know someone who hasn't played his 360 since january, turned it on first time to see if he had been banned, and sure enough, banned. Even though he hasn't played for months.

let me guess he wasnt spring updated either?

that further proves the spring update has ZERO to do with the bans!

there is always another guy on IRC #fw channel that was banned pre-spring update as well.

My Speculation is when these hackers gave MS the insight on the Hypervisor hole, maybe they had to spill the entire beans on the full process in which they done it? Which of course the dvd fw hack would have been included. But thats just my opinion - it's probably wrong.

Edited by NCspecV81, 20 May 2007 - 07:57 PM.

#44 biga55

biga55

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 08:05 PM

QUOTE(Blackbolt @ May 20 2007, 05:32 AM) View Post

If you are banned, you are BANNED. Not turning your 360 on won't help you at all. I know someone who hasn't played his 360 since january, turned it on first time to see if he had been banned, and sure enough, banned. Even though he hasn't played for months.

Don't you have to do the spring update in order to connect to LIVE and know if you're banned? Or can you know if you're banned without the update? Because in the case of anyone who hasn't connected in a while, maybe they get banned upon the update and subsequent restart.

#45 NCspecV81

NCspecV81

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 08:07 PM

QUOTE(biga55 @ May 20 2007, 03:41 PM) View Post

Don't you have to do the spring update in order to connect to LIVE and know if you're banned? Or can you know if you're banned without the update? Because in the case of anyone who hasn't connected in a while, maybe they get banned upon the update and subsequent restart.

nope - you get refused the connection - XBL fails - and you get the codes - NO update initiated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users