Photo

Exactly What Part Of Live Bans Your Console?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 mostwantd1

mostwantd1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 04:46 PM

hi I was just wondering exactly what is banned in the online experience.

I have a 5.3 firmware and havent used the console for about 3 weeks (busy schedule). I don't even think I've applied the spring update.

That said, I only use the online thing to download updates and such, and NEVER play games online with the console. My box does automatically login when I turn it on though. So the question is this:

the banning thing happens when you simply login or do you have to play a game, etc?

thanks in advance.

#2 J.K.B

J.K.B

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 11:18 PM

it happens after being signed onto live for 1 hour.

#3 ride4bandit

ride4bandit

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 12:13 AM

When I called M$, I inquired about the status codes. They said the "z" code is what tells the servers you're banned. So if your "z" line is the banned code, you're banned....

So, I honestly don't know when you receive the banned Z code.

#4 xnoelahg

xnoelahg

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 124 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 May 2007 - 02:50 AM

I wonder if it's possible to spoof the code by some means. Is the code stored within the processor?

#5 punkerman

punkerman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 02:56 AM

Any internet activy is denied, at least without a software... (xlink kai, xbc, leaf) etc...

So basically, no more messages, no more going online to update games... no more chat, no more messenger, no more marketplace, and definitely you won't be able to play any longer on live games...

#6 ride4bandit

ride4bandit

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 03:47 AM

QUOTE(xnoelahg @ May 20 2007, 10:26 PM) View Post

I wonder if it's possible to spoof the code by some means. Is the code stored within the processor?

I don't know...I think that should be one thing we look into.

#7 nylanan

nylanan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 05:30 AM

Interesting, does anyone know when the Z code changes?

Would this be a way of checking if a console was banned before logging into LIVE and actually getting the console locked down?

#8 DeMoN_DARREN

DeMoN_DARREN

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 21 May 2007 - 12:58 PM

QUOTE(punkerman @ May 21 2007, 03:32 AM) View Post

Any internet activy is denied, at least without a software... (xlink kai, xbc, leaf) etc...

So basically, no more messages, no more going online to update games... no more chat, no more messenger, no more marketplace, and definitely you won't be able to play any longer on live games...

Not true, time updates still and music info is still retrieveable for ripping CDs, only Live is cut (which is most of it really, would like Silver please mr. Big M$ man....)

#9 Shepdog

Shepdog

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 04:06 PM

QUOTE(xnoelahg @ May 21 2007, 03:26 AM) View Post

Pretty sure after being banned the 360 is the exact same as before and all the info about it is stored on the live servers. You have to go through the network test each time to get the banned message.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users