• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 netwookie

netwookie

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 01:58 PM

My Xbox only boots to MS dash now. It did have xbmc 1 and evox but i was trying to reinstall the evox dash and i answered one of the questions no which should have been yes (something to the effect of you do you want to boot from your dash). I've been searching for a while now, and no CD's or DVD's will boot from the default MS Dash. It's a modded xbox with a (not sure) smart xx chip.

any help is appreciated

#2 miketaylor

miketaylor

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Interests:Xbox repairer (as a hobby only)
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:none

Posted 21 May 2007 - 05:24 PM

If its chipped you should be able to boot a slayers disk or something similar.
If I were you, I would get a slayers disk and reinstall another dash.
Or in fact, if I were you i woul take the hard drive out and twiddle with it on my computer, but chances are if you don't kno what chip it is, you probably don't want to do that.
Try to get an installer disk booted, and get a file explorer open so you can see what you've done in the settings files and see whats on there.
If you can;t eve do that then use a game exploit to get a file exploror open and see what the hell is going on.

#3 Berzerker92

Berzerker92

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:Modding? paintball, sports.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 21 May 2007 - 10:16 PM

he said nothings booting. so do you have a way to borrow another dvd drive? if you do try it out.

#4 netwookie

netwookie

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 11:03 PM

yeah ya see now, thats the kicker. ive tried AID and Slayers, plus also a live linux disc i have but they dont work. the only way i can think of to fix it is to get an exploit and mech assault or one of the exploit games. and no i dont have another drive to switch it out with. plus my xbox's sticker is intact on the bottom, so im trying not to open it (dont know how it is, i bought it already modded from my teacher). the only thing about the exploit is i dont have any cash at the moment to buy one. but thats what its come down to i think. if theres another way than that, then id like to know.

and for takin out the hard drive, i dont want to open it, just becuase the stickers still intact. and i do have a action replay handy, if that helps anyone

its a real kicker uhh.gif

and thx for the quick responses

Edited by netwookie, 21 May 2007 - 11:03 PM.

#5 Berzerker92

Berzerker92

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:Modding? paintball, sports.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 22 May 2007 - 07:20 PM

if it has a chip its already been opened. tongue.gif so either theres no chip and its softmodded, or its chipped and opened. if its opened try to find another dvd drive 1st (borrow one from a friend?)

i'd delete the exploit, pick up a copy of mech assualt (original version), splinter cell, or 007 agent under fire, find krazyie's (#xbins) and with the action replay move that 2 your xbox, boot the game, and install said mod...
lol

Edited by Berzerker92, 22 May 2007 - 07:24 PM.

#6 netwookie

netwookie

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 04:21 AM

mhm thats exactly what i thought i had to do, but im cheap, and broke, and i was trying to figure out another way. and it is chipped, cuz xbmc 1 gave me the name, long ago before i screwed evox up. i was kinda thinkin there was another file i could download and transfer via AR to get me goin again. guess i gotta go find mech assault or one of em.

thx anyways though....

#7 Corvillus

Corvillus

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 05:44 AM

I don't know...from the Xbox being sealed it still sounds like you're using a softmod. XBMC will tell you what BIOS you're running, so if it's a softmod using a BIOS loader rather than a kernel patcher it will still tell list a hacked BIOS rather than retail. Also, the fact that you're not able to boot any backups without a dash really seems to point to it being a softmod of some sort, and if it only boots to the M$ dash and cannot boot backups, the only way you can recover it without opening the Xbox is by using a gamesave exploit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users