Photo

Clarification: Use Llamma Hd Unlock Tool And Ndure To Softmod?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mogg

mogg

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 05:29 PM

I'm quite confused by all the different methods out there to softmod your xbox, but the most interesting to me are the 100% free ones. This means not buying AR or memory cards or crappy games wink.gif

I was wondering if I could take hot-swapping one step further by using http://www.llamma.co.....ard Drive.htm to unlock my drive while its connected to my PC. Then I'd go through the NDURE install - however, someone else did this and his xbox wouldn't load because he didn't backup his EEPROM/HD lock key? So if I could do that, this is yet another way to softmod your XBOX?

Am I confused or do you need to know how to re-lock your HD after unlocking it. How do you get the key, and how can you work with the EEPROM?

#2 cerealkillajme

cerealkillajme

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 May 2007 - 05:44 PM

Yes, you are confusing things. You don't have the eeprom/HDD key UNTIL you've modded it. If you unlock the HDD and put it in your PC it will not boot in the XBOX cause it's unlocked and you'll have to buy a chip to fix it or build an eeprom reader.

If you want to mod it 100% free then you need to follow that tutorial to a "T", there is no "easier" way of doing it or it would already be done. I suggest "Textbook's" tutorial for the free way, but be aware there are risks of frying your XBOX HDD (and you will have to buy a chip if that happens) and/or your PC mobo, so be aware those are the consequences of the free method.

#3 mogg

mogg

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 06:49 PM

Thanks a lot...I'll be using Textbook's guide, definitely

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users