GamerBR

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 22 May 2007 - 06:12 AM

I've broken it,but I've already got another one.It looks pretty nasty to remove the 4 pins,as to remove the switch I have to remove the 4 pins.Any hints to make this removal easier?
beerchug.gif

#2 staticFLINT

staticFLINT

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,414 posts
  • Interests:my only interest is making sure i always have fun with what i am doing... lets go be lame! yEAH!!
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 22 May 2007 - 10:04 AM

man i havent posted here in years.......

anyways i just did this to my ds lite also, i just stuck a pin under the switch between it and the mother board for a bit of force then just touched the 4 points one by one with the solder pen to melt the solder and they just kinda puppoed right off, it was very easy.

#3 GamerBR

GamerBR

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 22 May 2007 - 08:40 PM

QUOTE(staticFLINT @ May 22 2007, 10:40 AM) View Post

man i havent posted here in years.......
anyways i just did this to my ds lite also, i just stuck a pin under the switch between it and the mother board for a bit of force then just touched the 4 points one by one with the solder pen to melt the solder and they just kinda puppoed right off, it was very easy.

That will really make it much easier,I thought I would have to remove the solder from each point with a solder sucker before removing the switch.
Thanks jester.gif
Just another thing,there are two points that are very close to the switch(one above and one under),do the metal casing of the switch need to touch these points(in the original switch it looks like it is touching)?

Edited by GamerBR, 22 May 2007 - 08:48 PM.

#4 dredinite

dredinite

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 10:12 PM

Where did you buy your switch from? I need to replace mine as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users