#1 RinGz

RinGz

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, girls, music, games, movies, electronics, parties, beer

Posted 31 May 2003 - 04:05 PM

I'm doing the header pin install, but it would be easier for me (for header pins for removable chameleon) to use the d0/a15 and p/e connections on the "top" of the chameleon (the side with all the chips and connections on it-not the side with the chameleon on it). What i'm wondering is, would it be alright to use these contacts while doing the header pin install?

#2 explicitlyrics100

explicitlyrics100

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts
  • Interests:everything
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 31 May 2003 - 06:17 PM

yeh, the points are exactly the same. however i would still use the ones on the bottom as it is easier to access them once the chip is in place. other than that though the choice is yours! as they say on some tv show (blind date - our graham?) lol

#3 RinGz

RinGz

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, girls, music, games, movies, electronics, parties, beer

Posted 31 May 2003 - 08:22 PM

yeah, that's what i figured, but it'll be easier to use headerpins and like a wol cord on the P/E if it's on the other side, because on the chameleon picture side they're too far away from the edge of the chip.

#4 renault

renault

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 31 May 2003 - 08:37 PM

I just installed my chameleon and solder the ones you are on about when the chameleon was in place. One less thing to hold on to whilst burning myself with the soldering iron. Makes it a lot easier.

The only problem I had was I could not get it to work - I got the famous red /green flashing light. Could you tell me if yours works ok as I am in a bit of a pickle with mine - I noticed one of the terminals on the rear of the board was not going anywhere - so might seek some advice from you on that one if thats ok

#5 renault

renault

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 31 May 2003 - 08:37 PM

I just installed my chameleon and solder the ones you are on about when the chameleon was in place. One less thing to hold on to whilst burning myself with the soldering iron. Makes it a lot easier.

The only problem I had was I could not get it to work - I got the famous red /green flashing light. Could you tell me if yours works ok as I am in a bit of a pickle with mine - I noticed one of the terminals on the rear of the board was not going anywhere - so might seek some advice from you on that one if thats ok

#6 Telemachus

Telemachus

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 31 May 2003 - 10:39 PM

It is actually quite concerning all of the frags I am hearing about with the Chameleon. Somone needs to explore EXACTLY what it is that causes the flashing red/green lights on eject led. I have seen that happen with a D0 pulled off of the back, but i find it hard to believe that a poorly soldered LPC pin would do that... after all, they are not necessary for the XBOX to run... if they are removed... that might be a different story.

Please tell us, what are you all doing when the system frags? Give details on which D0 you used, which install method, and whether or not you tried the E and P.

Thanks.

#7 dzv

dzv

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 01 June 2003 - 03:44 AM

but i find it hard to believe that a poorly soldered LPC pin would do that... after all, they are not necessary for the XBOX to run... if they are removed... that might be a different story.

The FRAG (Flashing Red And Green) is usually caused by a blank mod chip, or bad LPC points. The reason is that if D0 is grounded, the Xbox is forced to boot from the LPC. If there is no BIOS there, or if the chip is not connected correctly, then the Xbox has no BIOS to boot, and FRAGs.

However, there is definitely a lot of FRAGging going on with these Chameleons, and I'm not sure it's all due to bad installations. Unfortunately, I don't have one, so I can't test one myself.

#8 renault

renault

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 June 2003 - 08:41 AM

when you say the d0 is grounded do you mean soldered onto the d0 point on the chameleon or then onto an earthing point on the motherboard

#9 dzv

dzv

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 01 June 2003 - 08:47 AM

The Chameleon is supposed to ground D0 if you connect D0 to the Chameleon. However, you can also manually ground D0 to force the Xbox to boot from the LPC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users