• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dkferguson

dkferguson

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 08:21 AM

what can we or I do if accidentally deleted the Xboxdash.xbe file , my brother not knowing what he was doing deleted my xbe file and now i get an error 13 screen and have tried the evox method and it wouldn't be that big of a problem if i could figure how my xbox was modded in the first place i know i have no chip but unleash x dashboard i could fix it myself if i could ftp to the xbox but all i get is the error screen i apolgize for taking anyones time but if you could assist me i would be very grateful (because i can't even play normal licensed games right now ) thank you

Dkferguson

#2 ItchyB

ItchyB

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 24 May 2007 - 09:49 AM

If it was a softmod and you dont have the eeprom and it wont boot an original game your options are
1.EEPROM reader
2.Hot Swap
3.Chip

With 1 and 2 you also need xboxhdm so you can rebuild the drive, you will also need a copy of the xboxdash.xbe so you can replace the one deleted.

#3 miketaylor

miketaylor

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Interests:Xbox repairer (as a hobby only)
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 24 May 2007 - 01:49 PM

Sigh... When you did the softmod, someone at some point will have told you (probably in big letter, and repeatedly) to backup your eeprom data as a priority. People never do what they're told!
Chip is your best bet, its probably the quickest and easiest. Hotswapping can go wrong, and you can be lumped with a stituation you really don't want.

#4 dkferguson

dkferguson

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 04:12 AM

Thanks for the replys guys
I bought the xbox from a friend who moded it. I never had a chance to get those backups if he even did back it up. I no longer have contact with him either.

I tried to hot swap but with no success, if some one can point me in the direction on a tutorial on it I would appreciate it.

#5 miketaylor

miketaylor

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts
  • Interests:Xbox repairer (as a hobby only)
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 25 May 2007 - 09:11 AM

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=332179
There. Guess what? I googled it and it was the first result.

However, I would advise you (and anyone else in your position) to get a chip, even if its only temporarily.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users