5 replies to this topic

#1 Reanimation_LP

Reanimation_LP

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 01:25 AM

I just swapped my case from a normal stock black one to the clear XCM case, and now all my X3 mod does is boot to the stock Xbox BIOS. Does not boot the EvoX BIOS I flashed on it. All of my solder joints are nice and tight, and everythings hooked up according to the instructions, and I've tried wiggling it and pushing down on it, and its firmly seated on the bridge.

But nothing happens.

I lost the little external switch, so I dont know whats going on.

Lightly tapping, holding the button in, and holding both eject and power all load up the stock MS BIOS. Is the chip dead? If so, is there anyway to do the TSOP flash or softmod even though my HDD isnt locked and I dont have the stock one anymore, or am I screwed.

Help. unsure.gif

#2 commandersafi

commandersafi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 25 May 2007 - 03:19 AM

Most likely there is a problem with the d0. Check and make sure its still has a good connection, and wasnt messed up when you transfered cases

#3 Reanimation_LP

Reanimation_LP

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 04:00 AM

QUOTE(commandersafi @ May 25 2007, 03:55 AM) View Post

Most likely there is a problem with the d0. Check and make sure its still has a good connection, and wasnt messed up when you transfered cases

You're right. Thanks. smile.gif

It came undone, so I soldered it without solder back to the board, and it worked for a few boots, then came loose again.

I'm gonna cut off the end, restrip the wire and solder it again with a wee bit of solder.

I've gotten kinda good at the tiny soldering due to my Sega Saturn modchip.

#4 Reanimation_LP

Reanimation_LP

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 08:33 AM

That fixed it, but now its really touchy feely.

If you move the thing slightly, it boots to the MS BIOS, then I have to slap it hard to get it to work right.

This gets kinda old.

Any way to just directly flash the TSOP with the EvoX BIOS to override the modchip so when it doesnt work I can still use my Xbox?

#5 xterroriist

xterroriist

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Modding Xbox1, mugging the elderly.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 May 2007 - 09:51 AM

are you using the alternate d0 on the bottom of the mobo? its easier to solder, wont fall off if done right

#6 TonyF11

TonyF11

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 371 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 May 2007 - 06:00 PM

QUOTE(Reanimation_LP @ May 25 2007, 09:09 AM) View Post

That fixed it, but now its really touchy feely.

If you move the thing slightly, it boots to the MS BIOS, then I have to slap it hard to get it to work right.

This gets kinda old.

Any way to just directly flash the TSOP with the EvoX BIOS to override the modchip so when it doesnt work I can still use my Xbox?

Just check the install is correct and then you will have no probs with booting. Looks like something with the install as come loose or disconnected. Make sure all connections/soldering is 100%. I cannot understand why u have made this thread. Common sense should eradicate your problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users